Guntur - Change or Update Address in Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Change or Update Address in Driver License in Guntur .
- To apply for Name or address change in Driver License in Guntur the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Contacts Link
- Completed application in A4 white paper.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Verification of details submitted will be scrutinized to check for authenticity to make necessary changes
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link. ( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slots Link
Apply through State Portal
- Application for change or update address in Driver License can be made through State Online Portal:Online Portal
- Under “License” heading select “Driving License” option.
- In the next screen select appropriate option and and click “NEXT” to get the new screen.
- In the next screen, please enter appropriate options and hit search to process the application online.
- Please follow the screen instructions fill the application form and submit the required documents. You will also get the appointment date for visiting RTO office to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application
- An application for endorsement of change of address in the driving License shall be made in Plain paper by affixing Rs.3/- Non-Judicial Court Fee Stamp to the Licensing authority.
- Passport size photographs-4 copies.
- Valid Driver License
- Proof of New Address (In case of address change)
- Ration Card, Voter identity card, Pay slip issued by any office of the central government or a state government; Electricity bill, Telephone bill, House tax receipt showing the name of the name of the applicant(Originals should be produced for verification).
- You can also use your Aadhaar Card as proof of residence.
- Proof of name change as issued by government gazette (In case of name change)
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office
JKC College Rd, Swarnabharathi Nagar,
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522006
Phone: 0863 235 5194
Location in map
Deputy Transport Commissioner
Bengaluru-Chennai Bypass Road (NH-4),
Andhra Pradesh 517002
Phone: 099085 77129
Location in Map
Office Of Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary Regional Transport Authorty
Chodimella, West Godavari, SH-43,
Gangaram Chintalapudi Road, Eluru,
Andhra Pradesh 534005
Phone: 099911 21421
Location in Map
Applicant with valid Driving license
- 3/- Rupee stamp
- Fees related information can be obtained from the following Fees Link
- Validity of the period mentioned for the License stays unchanged
- Driving license issued is valid throughout India.
- Driving license is issued for 20 years or 50 years of age whichever is earlier.
- Driving license issued for transport vehicle will be valid for three years.
Documents to Use
Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
One day process
Andhra Pradesh - Change Or Update Address In Driver License
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A driving license is an official document that states, a person may operate one or more types of motorized vehicles, such as a motorcycle, car, truck, or a bus, on a public roadway.
- As the driving license is also considered as a main proof for an individual in many of the government related procedures, one need to make sure that his details are clear.
- Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving License issued to him, authorizing him to drive a vehicle of that particular category.
- Driving without Driving license is an offense. Incumbent has to pay penalty
Information which might help
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive
- RTO officials has the right to decide upon the issue of license
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.