Wikiprocedure > India > Andhra Pradesh > Guntur

Guntur - Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter)

From Wikiprocedure
Jump to: navigation, search


This procedure explains various ways to Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) in Guntur.

  1. The Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) is required by the new owner of a property. One has to apply at the respective electricity board office for their respective area.
  2. “Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission” (APERC) is a state-owned electricity regulation board operating within the state of Andhra Pradesh.
  3. The government-run power companies - EASTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF ANDHRA PRADESH LTD. (APEPDCL) and SOUTHERN POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF A.P LTD (APSPDCL) are in the business of distribution of Electricity in Andhra Pradesh.

Apply in Person

  1. Go to the local Electricity office personally to apply for Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer.
  2. Please use the below links to get contact details of respective division.
    1. For SOUTHERN POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF A.P LTD (APSPDCL) Consumers. Please use the below links to get contact details of respective Circle.  : Circle Contact link
    2. For EASTERN POWER DISTRIBUTION COMPANY OF ANDHRA PRADESH LTD. (APEPDCL) Consumers. Consumers shall use the following link to reach the respective district wise contact details in order to identify respective address or phone numbers to respective office online link
  3. Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required)
  4. Once the application is filled, then submit it along with required document to the concerned authorities at the respective office.
  5. Authorities will verify the submitted documents, If all the documents are in place then authorities will advise the customer to pay the fee for this procedure.
  6. Once the payment is made, a receipt will be issued to the applicant.
  7. This application will be subjected for internal processing and a technician will visit the premises as per the address mentioned in the application.
  8. Once the result of technician visit is also satisfactory, the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer will be processed to reflect the applicants name in the records.

Through Meeseva

  1. Applicant can initiate the name change process at the respective Meeseva centers.
  2. Go to the Meeseva center. Link for locating Meeseva center:Meeseva link
  3. Get the application for name transfer from the Meeseva officer (if required application fee should be paid)
  4. Complete the form and submit along with required documents to the officer.
  5. They will do the online process using the computer to give transaction ID for applying. ID will reach your mobile and email ID. Keep it safe for future reference.
  6. This application will be directed to the respective department for processing. Once the department takes the case, the action will be taken to process the applicant’s request.
Ads by Google

Required Documents[edit]

  • Consumer No.
  • Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
  • Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership
  • Copy of last tax receipt for the premises
  • Copy of card issued by electricity board (as applicable)
  • An indemnity bond on stamp paper (Value as advised by authorities and can be easily sourced from any notary office)
  • NOC from the individual in whose name the meter is currently in
  • Attested copies of address and ID proof
  • Aadhaar card
Note : In addition to the above mentioned documents, applicant should produce any additional document as per authorities advise

Office Locations & Contacts[edit]


Seethammadhara Rd, TPT Colony, P & T Colony,
Balayya Sastri Layout, Visakhapatnam - 530001,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Tel: 0891-2582392 (Control Room),
e-mail :
Contacts link : APEPDCL contact information link


19-13-65/A, Srinivasapuram, Tiruchanoor Road, TIRUPATI - 517 503,
Andhra Pradesh, India.
Phone : +91 9440811999
Email ID :-
Contacts link : APSPDCL contact information link

Ads by Google


  • Applicant should be the owner of the premises for which the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required from its past owner.
  • Electricity services under disconnection are not eligible.


  • Each state has different fees structure. So, it is advisable to pay as per authorities quote
  • Please follow the mode of payment as applicable for the respective board


  • This Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is valid till…
    • Sale of the premises
    • Transfer of ownership
    • Transfer to legal heir in case of death of property owner
    • Transfer for other reasons

Documents to Use[edit]

Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google

Sample Documents[edit]

Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.

Processing Time[edit]

Maximum 7 working days

Related Videos[edit]

Andhra Pradesh - Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter)

Ads by Google


Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents.
e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.

Required Information[edit]

A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure.
1. Date of Birth.
2. City or County of Birth.
Ads by Google

Need for the Document[edit]

  • The Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required by the new owner of the premises
  • In most of the government related procedures, Electricity bill is considered as one of the important document for address proof. So, one has to apply for this transfer as and when the premises is owned
  • After applying for name transfer, applicant shall check the status of name change to reassure that the name has been changed in records after the notified date. If not updated, please contact the authorities to whom the application was submitted
  • Electricity should be consumed with responsibility. Because not only the cost counts but also this resource needs proper care to make available for our future generations

Information which might help[edit]

  • Make sure to collect the receipt for your payments with the department
  • Always use certified products for electrical wiring
  • One should not use domestic supply for commercial purpose and there will be a heavy fine and even action against consumer is inevitable.

Other uses of the Document/Certificate[edit]

Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate.
e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.

External Links[edit]

Place some external links which might help.
Ads by Google
Ads by Google


More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.

Retrieved from ""