Guntur - Apply for Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) in Guntur .
Apply in Person
- To apply for Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) in Guntur the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : contacts Link
- Application forms can be obtained from following link : Forms Link
- Form Link : Form45 Link
- Make sure you have all the necessary documents.
- Application forms can be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented along with documents and appropriate fees.
- Officials would start processing your application.
- Important verification’s for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Body built, seating arrangements etc.. will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
- Note: Availability of slot for RTO process can be searched with the help of the following link :
( Booking can be done at the time of actual online processing) : Slot booking
Apply through State Portal
- Application for Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) can be made through : Online portal link
- Please click the “PERMIT SERVICES” link that is displayed under the “Permit” section of the screen.
- In the next screen, please click on the “New Permit” option and hit “NEXT”.
- In the next screen, select permit type and enter registration number followed by details of Aadhaar or Voter id and Select appropriate options and hit “NEXT”.
- You will be given a new screen to enter details.
- You have to choose the day and time that you are planning to visit the RTO office related to the application and click “Next” button that is displayed on the bottom of the screen.
- Please follow the instructions appropriately that are displayed in the screens for filling the application forms and making payments and uploading required documents.
- Take printout of the application form including acknowledgement and go to RTO office before 11:30 a.m. on the date of appointment and present the completed application form along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Application forms can be obtained from following link : Form Link
- Form Link : Form 45
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle.
- Fitness Certificate of the vehicle.
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate.
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Passport size photo-2
- Pollution under control certificate
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Regional Transport Office
JKC College Rd, Swarnabharathi Nagar,
Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522006
Phone: 0863 235 5194
Location in map
Deputy Transport Commissioner
Bengaluru-Chennai Bypass Road (NH-4),
Andhra Pradesh 517002
Phone: 099085 77129
Location in Map
Office Of Deputy Transport Commissioner & Secretary Regional Transport Authorty
Chodimella, West Godavari, SH-43,
Gangaram Chintalapudi Road, Eluru,
Andhra Pradesh 534005
Phone: 099911 21421
Location in Map
- You should be the owner of the vehicle.
- The age of the vehicle should not exceed 2 years
- Fee related information can be obtained from following link : Fee information
- A tourist vehicle permit shall be valid for...
- 9 years in the case of a motor cab (passenger not exceeding 6 excluding driver).
- 8 years for vehicles other than a motor cab.
- In case of a vehicle covered by a tourist permit is proposed to be replaced by another vehicle, the new vehicle age should not be more than two years.
- The age of the vehicle is also considered to restrict the validity of the permit.
- NOTE: The period [9 years or 8 years] shall be computed from the date of initial registration of the motor vehicle.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes 5 working days to get permit
Andhra Pradesh - Apply For Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep Omni Car)
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner / Chairman (STA) who is in charge of issuing Tourist Vehicle Permits.
- Name of the applicant(s) in full
- Status of the applicant, whether individual, company or partnership firm, Coop. Society etc.
- Name of father or husband (in case of individual and in case of firm or company the particulars of managing partner or managing director as the case may be.
- Full address
- Information on whether applicant himself/herself intends to drive the vehicle. If so, whether, applicant:
- Holds Heavy Passenger Motor vehicle Driving Licence
- The number, date and validity period of driving licence
- Name and address of the Licensing Authority.
- Registration certificate along with the date of first registration and Insurance certificate number.
- Details of other permits if any, held in respect of a particular vehicle
- Details of total number of Tourist Permits held by the applicant
- Type of vehicle
- Make of Motor vehicle
- Particulars of convictions/suspension/ cancellation, if any, during the past three years in respect of the vehicle/permit held by the applicant(s)
- Name of the applicant(s) in full
- Registration mark and year of manufacture and date of registration of the motor vehicle.
- Engine number of the motor vehicle
- Chassis number of the motor vehicle
- Permit number, the authority which has issued the permit and date of issue and date of expiry of the permit.
- Unladen weight of the Motor vehicle
- Gross vehicle weight of the Motor vehicle
- Pay load of the motor vehicle (seating capacity in the case of tourist vehicle).
- Period for which the authorization is sought for.
Need for the Document
- As per Central Motor Vehicle Rules of 1989, Tourist Vehicle Permit are granted to owners whose vehicles are used for tourism purposes.
- Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) is needed for an tourist vehicle operator for the vehicle to carry passengers on a rental basis from one place to another.
- These motor vehicles are constructed or adapted to carry allowed number of passengers as per permit, but not more than the allowed number of passengers, excluding the driver for hire purpose
Information which might help
- It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
- An operator with Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) should not allow more than allowed number of passengers in his vehicle.
- Proper payment of fees is required to travel in other states other than the permitted state.
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Guntur can be listed here.