Guadeloupe - Obtain a Duplicate Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Make a written statement regarding your lost or stolen driver's license.
- Apply for the procedure in either of these offices:
- at the prefecture or sub-prefecture where you live (note: some sub-prefectures may not be equipped to process this type of application)
- in Paris, the Driving License Unit of the Police Headquarters.
- Application can only be done in person by approaching the counter. If the driver's license holder is a minor (category AM) then it is the parents or the minor's guardian who should apply for the procedure.
- Pay all applicable fees.
- The new license will be sent by post there is no specific date when you will receive your new license. While you wait for your license, you can drive in France only, with the receipt the prefecture issued to you when you applied for a duplicate, it is valid for 2 months.
Note: If you have lost your license outside France you will need to get in touch or report the incident to the local police and if possible obtain a new permit.
Receiving your license
Your license will be sent to you by post to your home.
If you are out when the postman delivers your license, you have 15 days to pick-up your license at the Post Office. After this period, the license is returned to the Issuing Office and you will need the prefecture to inquire how you obtain your license.
To monitor the production and distribution of your license, you can use the teleservice set up by the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also get information by calling ANTS.
- Application forms, completed and signed
- Identification, original and a photocopy
- Foreigners, a proof of residence in France (residence permit or residence card valid), original and a photocopy
- Proof of address, original and a photocopy
- Two identical passport photographs with your full name written on the back (a photo must be attached to your application)
- Fiscal stamp of 25
- Payment for regional tax, if applicable
Note: Some prefectures and sub-prefectures provide printouts of Declaration of lost driver's license (get in touch with your Prefecture to know inquire)
Office Locations & Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe - Driving Licence Service
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
- For information about the availability of your license
- To check if your driver's license is ready after passing the exam or after you have submitted an application for a new license or duplicate
By phone: 0810 901 041 (cost of a local call from a landline)
Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8h to 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Monday from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00
Thursday from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday from 8:00 to 12:00
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Duplicate license: 25, plus regional tax in the departments where it is due.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
In the event of theft or loss a replacement license can be issued to the license holder. Following is a procedure on how you can obtain a duplicate driver's license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.