Guadeloupe - Apply for Category BE Driver License (Trailer)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Submit all required documents.
- Take the theory test. Unless you hold another license category for less than 5 years, you must first need to take and pass a theory exam. You will need to at least get 35 questions correct out of 40. The results will be sent to you by post or via email the same day you took the exam.
- Once you have pass the theory exams you may apply to take the practical exam.
- Practical Exam Results: The inspector will not directly give you the result of your exam, you will need to check the result through the Road Safety Website. The results will be available 48 hours after the exam. To able to drive while you are waiting for your license, you can download your exam certificate (certificat d'examen du permis de conduire -CEPC) from the Road Safety Website.
Receiving your license
Your license will be sent to you by post to your home.
If you are out when the postman delivers your license, you have 15 days to pick-up your license at the Post Office. After this period, the license is returned to the Issuing Office and you will need the prefecture to inquire how you can claim your license.
To monitor the production and distribution of your license, you can use the teleservice set up by the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also get information by calling ANTS.
- Completed application forms
- Valid identification
- 2 recent passport photos
- Photocopy of your category B driver's license
- Medical Certificate
- If you are French and is under the age of 25, copy of certificate of participation la journe dfense et citoyennet (JDC ou JAPD) or interim certificate pending invitation or certificate of exemption.
- For applicants from abroad, proof of your presence in France for at least 6 months (payroll, rent receipt etc.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe - Driving Licence Service
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Monday from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00
Thursday from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday from 8:00 to 12:00
Place de la Victoire
Phone: +33 5 90 82 68 68
Fax: +33 5 90 82 52 16
Monday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Thursday from 8:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Your eligibility to apply for a BE Driver's license will depend on your age, class of license already possessed, nationality and whether you are physically fit.
Age requirement: at least 18 years old
Holder of a category B license.
- If you are French and under the age of 25, you must be in good standing with the census requirements.
- Foreigners, must be living in France for at least 6 months and have a valid residence permit.
Health: If you have a health problem, you must pass a medical examination conducted by a physician approved by the Prefecture.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
The validity of your BE license will depend on your age, period of validity is indicated on your license.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a Category BE Driver's License (car trailer weighing more than 750 kg.)
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.