Guadeloupe - Apply for Category B1 Driver License (Heavy 4 Wheel Vehicle)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You will need to pass two theoretical exams and a practical exam in order to be issued a driver's license. You will need to pass the theoretical exams first before you can start practicing how to drive (supervised).
- After you have fulfilled the required hours needed to complete your training you may now start your application to take the practical exams. Check with your driving school if they will be the one making the arrangements or is it you who will need to go to the licensing office to apply for the procedure. Note: Applicants must meet the minimum age requirement and must be declared physically fit by a physician approved by the Prefecture.
- On the day of the tests (theory and practical), you must provide a valid ID or an ID expired for less than 2 years. After taking the theory test, you will notified about the results by mail or e-mail.
- Practical Exam Results: The inspector will not directly give you the result of your exam, you will need to check the result through the Road Safety Website. The results will be available 48 hours after the exam.
Receiving your license
Your license will be sent to you by post to your home.
If you are out when the postman delivers your license, you have 15 days to pick-up your license at the Post Office. After this period, the license is returned to the Issuing Office and you will need the prefecture to inquire how you can claim your license.
To monitor the production and distribution of your license, you can use the teleservice set up by the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also get information by calling ANTS.
- Completed application forms
- Valid identification
- 2 recent passport photos
- If you are French and is under the age of 25, copy of certificate of participation la journe dfense et citoyennet (JDC ou JAPD) or interim certificate pending invitation or certificate of exemption.
- For applicants from abroad, proof of your presence in France for at least 6 months (payroll, rent receipt etc.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe - Driving Licence Service
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Monday from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00
Thursday from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday from 8:00 to 12:00
Place de la Victoire
Phone: +33 5 90 82 68 68
Fax: +33 5 90 82 52 16
Monday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Thursday from 8:00 to 3:30 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 to 11:30 am
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
- For information about the availability of your license
- To check if your driver's license is ready after passing the exam or after you have submitted an application for a new license or duplicate
By phone: 0810 901 041 (cost of a local call from a landline)
Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8h to 17h
Age requirement: at least 16 years old
If you were born after December 31, 1987 and you are obtaining a license for the first time, you must be able to present a road safety certification issued by your school (l'attestation scolaire de scurit routire - ASSR) or road safety certificate (l'attestation de scurit routire - ASR).
- If you are French and under the age of 25, you must be in good standing with the census requirements.
- Foreigners, must be living in France for at least 6 months and have a valid residence permit.
Health: If you have a health problem, you must pass a medical examination conducted by a physician approved by the Prefecture.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A Category B1 driving license is valid for 15 years from the date of issue.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a Category B1 Driver License (Heavy 4 Wheel Vehicle).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.