Guadeloupe - Apply for Category A Driver License (Motorcycle)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You must register to take the test to obtain a license through your driving school or by filing an application at the Licensing Office of your Prefecture (place of residence).
- Your application must be submitted along with your identification, 2 recent passport photos and other required documents.
- Theory Test: Unless you hold another license category for less than 5 years, you must first need to take and pass a theory exam. You will need to at least get 35 questions correct out of 40. The results will be sent to you by post or via email the same day you took the exam.
- Practical Test: Another exam you will need to pass in order to obtain a driver's license is the practical driving exam. Before the test begins, the inspector will check you identity first, and see if you have all the required equipment (safety helmet, gloves, jacket and pants or suit, boots or ankle boots).
- Results: The inspector will not directly give you the result of your exam, you will need to check the result online (Road Safety Website) which will be available 48 hours after you took the exam. Things to do after you have seen the results:
- If successful: To able to drive while you are waiting for your license, you can download your exam certificate (certificat d'examen du permis de conduire -CEPC) from the Road Safety Website.
- In case of failure: You may take the practical test again, 5 times within a maximum period of 5 years. You will need to wait 7 days before you can re-take the test.
- Obtaining a license: You will need to check first with your driving school how you can get a license issued to you, whether they will be the one applying for the procedure or you.
Receiving your license
Your license will be sent to you by post to your home.
If you are out when the postman delivers your license, you have 15 days to pick-up your license at the Post Office. After this period, the license is returned to the Issuing Office and you will need the prefecture to inquire how you can claim your license.
To monitor the production and distribution of your license, you can use the teleservice set up by the National Agency of secure documents (ANTS). You can also get information by calling ANTS.
- Completed application forms
- Valid identification
- 2 recent passport photos
- If you are French and is under the age of 25, copy of certificate of participation la journe dfense et citoyennet (JDC ou JAPD) or interim certificate pending invitation or certificate of exemption.
- For applicants from abroad, proof of your presence in France for at least 6 months (payroll, rent receipt etc.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Prefecture of Guadeloupe - Driving Licence Service
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Agence nationale des titres scuriss (ANTS)
- For information about the availability of your license
- To check if your driver's license is ready after passing the exam or after you have submitted an application for a new license or duplicate
By phone: 0810 901 041 (cost of a local call from a landline)
Monday to Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on Saturdays from 8h to 17h
Prfecture de la Guadeloupe
97100 Basse Terre
Phone: +33 5 90 99 39 00
Fax: +33 5 90 81 58 32
Monday from 8:00 to 15:00
Tuesday from 8:00 to 15:00
Wednesday from 8:00 to 12:00
Thursday from 8:00 to 15:00
Friday from 8:00 to 12:00
Age requirement: at least 24 years old
If you were born after 1987 and you are obtaining a license for the first time, you must be able to present a road safety certification issued by your school (l'attestation scolaire de scurit routire - ASSR) or road safety certificate (l'attestation de scurit routire - ASR).
- If you are French and under the age of 25, you must be in good standing with the census requirements.
- Foreigners, must be living in France for at least 6 months and have a valid residence permit.
Health: If you have a health problem, you must have a medical examination conducted by a physician approved by the Prefect.
In many areas, applicants are required to pay a regional tax. The amount of tax depends on the region where you are obtaining your license.
A Category A driving license is valid for 15 years from the date of issue. This validity is indicated on the document.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
In order to be granted a motorcycle license, applicants must have met the minimum age requirement, and had passed all the required examination.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A driving license is an official document which states that a person may operate a motorized vehicle, such as a motorcycle, car, truck or a bus, on a public roadway. This document also serves as identification and proof of age.
Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a motorcycle license (category A) in Guadeloupe. The license will allow you to drive all types of motorcycles with or without sidecar and 3-wheel vehicles whatever its horsepower is.
Note: In France, the maximum power of motorcycles is limited to 100 hp (73.6 kW).
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.