Falkland Islands (Malvinas) - Register Birth
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register a birth, the applicant has to contact the Registry to arrange a suitable time for registration.
- The applicant will be asked to complete a form with details of the birth/mother/father which will be followed by the Registrar General filling in the birth book with the details you have provided and prepare a copy of a birth certificate for you.
- Following listed are the contact information which can help.
- Registrar General,
- Town Hall, Stanley,
- Falkland Islands
- Tel: +500 27268
- Email: [email protected]
List down the documents required for successfully completing the procedure. e.g. 1. Proof of child birth from the Hospital.
Office Locations & Contacts
Town Hall, Stanley,
Tel: +500 27268
Email: [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Fees related information : Fee Info
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used : Application Forms
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- A birth should be registered within 10 days of taking place in Stanley and 42 day in Camp.
- If the mother and father are married then either of them can come to register the birth and the father will automatically gain parental responsibility. If the father attends the registration then he may be asked to show proof of marriage. However, if the mother and father are unmarried, unless the mother makes a declaration the father will not be able to register the child alone. The mother has to attend the registry too. The father will be required to be present at the registration and sign the register to gain parental responsibility.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to Registering a Birth in Falkland Island.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.