Falkland Islands (Malvinas) - Getting Married and Marriage License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
In order to get married in the Falkland Islands you need to initially apply for a licence. The contact information related are provided below that can be used for this purpose.
There are two types of licence:
- A Registrar General's Licence (for those resident in the Falklands for at least 7 days prior to application),
- A Special Licence (for those resident less than 7 days at the time of application).
Registrar General's Licence to Marry
- To obtain a Registrar General's Licence you need to be resident in the Falklands for at least 7 days at the time of application, and you must remain in the Falklands for a further 21 days for the licence to be granted.
- The applicants need to present to the Registry Office and complete two forms which include the details of each party, the date, place, and time of marriage, and a declaration that each person is free to marry.
Special Licence to Marry
- If you are not going to be resident in the Falkland Islands for 7 days prior to you intending to apply then you will need to apply for a special licence to marry from the Governor (this is for those resident less than 7 days at the time of application).
- Registrar General,
- Town Hall, Stanley,
- Falkland Islands
- Tel: +500 27268
- Email: [email protected]
- Copies of each passport
- A copy of a telephone bill
- Utility bill.
Registrar General's Licence
- If either party has been married before then a copy of the divorce certificate(s) must be provided (translated into English if in another language).
Special Marriage Licence
- A statutory declaration signed by either person in front of a Notary Public.
- A statement of the full name of the applicant and of the other party to the marriage.
- Any other name by which either one of the couple has ever been known.
- The address at which the couple usually reside.
- If either person has lived at that address for less than 3 months- any other address at which they have usually resided during the last 3 months.
- The date, place and country of birth of the applicant and of the other party to the marriage.
- A statement that there is no relationship by blood, marriage or adoption between the two parties.
- Details of any previous marriages, if either one of the couple have been married before, and the manner in which it came to an end.
- If either person has been married before and are now widowed or divorced, we will also require copies of the relevant death certificate or divorce certificate with an English translation.
Office Locations & Contacts
Town Hall, Stanley,
Tel: +500 27268
Email: [email protected]
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee Information
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since January 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to Getting Married and obtaining a Marriage License in Falkland Islands.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.