Ethiopia - Apply for National Social Security Fund
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application for National Social Security Fund in Ethiopia is available in the Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency (EHIA) – contact link
- Applicant must provide all necessary information in the application form.
- Documents that are needed for this procedure are mentioned under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Applicant should carry photocopies and originals of all the documents while applying for this procedure.
- Applicant should attach photocopies of documents (whichever is necessary) along with the application form while submitting the application form.
- There is no fee for this procedure. However, a minimum amount is required for activation of the card.
- If all above-mentioned procedures were followed properly by the applicant, the national social security will be provided within 72 hours.
- Applicant can collect their document by visiting the office after 72 hours or after getting a confirmation email or SMS from concerned authorities.
- If there is no information related to fund is provided to the applicant within a week, they can visit the office to know the status of their application.
- Keble ID Card
- Introduction letter from the employer
- PIN card number
Office Locations & Contacts
Location: Addis Ababa
Address: Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency, Behind Balcha Hospital, Dama House Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact: (+251) 011-557-66-98 or (+251) 011-557-67-15
E-mail Address:[email protected]
Contact link: – contact link
Citizens of Ethiopia and permanent residents of Ethiopia who are above the age of 18 and above are eligible for getting a National Social Security Fund.
- Application is free of charge.
- However, a minimum pay is required for activating the applicant’s card.
Registration is valid until the monthly contribution is paid.
Documents to Use
Ethiopian Health Policy – pdf link
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The processing time for this procedure is 72 hours.
The following link provides details about the National Social Security Fund – youtube link
- Applicant has to provide genuine information while applying for this procedure.
- Applicant must follow all instructions provided by concerned authorities properly.
- Full Name
- Keble ID Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Payroll Number
- Place of Employment
- Physical Address
- Postal Address
- Details of the next kin (nominee)
Need for the Document
Individuals with a national social security fund in Ethiopia can get basic financial security benefits upon retirement from work.
Information which might help
- National Social Security Fund can be contributed by people who are over 18 years of age and are employed by employers of Ethiopia or self-employed can register and start making savings every month under this scheme.
- Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency works from Monday to Friday.
- The working hours of Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Members who have applied for National Social Security Funds are eligible to gain benefits at the age of 55, when they get retire from their regular payment.
- Applicant must be aware of rules and regulations before applying for NHIF.
- The main aim of the NHIF is to encourage hospitals towards quality improvement.
- In-Patient cover is provided for the contributor and their spouse and children.