Difference between revisions of "Ethiopia - Apply for National Social Security Fund"
(Created page with "==Procedure== '''Apply In-Person:'''<br> #Application for National Social Security Fund in Ethiopia is available in the Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency (EHIA) – [https://e...")
|Line 98:||Line 98:|
<seo title="Ethiopia - Apply for National Social Security Fund" titlemode="append" keywords="
<seo title="Ethiopia - Apply for National Social Security Fund" titlemode="append" keywords=",,," description="Ethiopia - Apply for National Social Security Fund"></seo>
Revision as of 10:33, 7 September 2021
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application for National Social Security Fund in Ethiopia is available in the Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency (EHIA) – – contact link
- Applicant must provide all necessary information in the application form.
- Documents that are needed for this procedure are mentioned under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Applicant should carry photocopies and originals of all the documents while applying for this procedure.
- Applicant should attach photocopies of documents (whichever is necessary) along with the application form while submitting the application form.
- There is no fee for this procedure. However, a minimum amount is required for activation of the card.
- If all above-mentioned procedures were followed properly by the applicant, the national social security will be provided within 72 hours.
- Applicant can collect their document by visiting the office after 72 hours or after getting a confirmation email or SMS from concerned authorities.
- If there is no information related to fund is provided to the applicant within a week, they can visit the office to know the status of their application.
- Keble ID Card
- Introduction letter from the employer
- PIN card number
Office Locations & Contacts
Location: Addis Ababa
Address: Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency, Behind Balcha Hospital, Dama House Building, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Contact: (+251) 011-557-66-98 or (+251) 011-557-67-15
E-mail Address:[email protected]
Contact link: – contact link
- Citizens of Ethiopia and permanent residents of Ethiopia who are above the age of 18 and above are eligible for getting a National Social Security Fund.
- Application is free of charge.
- However, a minimum pay is required for activating the applicant’s card.
- Registration is valid until the monthly contribution is paid.
Documents to Use
- Ethiopian Health Policy – – pdf link
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- The processing time for this procedure is 72 hours.
- The following link provides details about the National Social Security Fund – – youtube link
- Applicant has to provide genuine information while applying for this procedure.
- Applicant must follow all instructions provided by concerned authorities properly.
- Full Name
- Keble ID Card Number
- Date of Birth
- Payroll Number
- Place of Employment
- Physical Address
- Postal Address
- Details of the next kin (nominee)
Need for the Document
- Individuals with a national social security fund in Ethiopia can get basic financial security benefits upon retirement from work.
Information which might help
- National Social Security Fund can be contributed by people who are over 18 years of age and are employed by employers of Ethiopia or self-employed can register and start making savings every month under this scheme.
- Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency works from Monday to Friday.
- The working hours of Ethiopian Health Insurance Agency are 8:30 am to 5:30 pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Members who have applied for National Social Security Funds are eligible to gain benefits at the age of 55, when they get retire from their regular payment.
- Applicant must be aware of rules and regulations before applying for NHIF.
- The main aim of the NHIF is to encourage hospitals towards quality improvement.
- In-Patient cover is provided for the contributor and their spouse and children.