Egypt - Obtain an Egyptian Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain an Egyptian Passport the applicant must approach Ministry of Interior's Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA) or the Egyptian Consulate: Link
- Also refer to the addresses mentioned in the “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this procedure.
- The applicant must apply using their Original Egyptian National ID or Original Birth Certificate.
- The applicant must fill out the required application form and submit it along with all the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section of this procedure.
- The applicant must pay fee mentioned in the “Fees” section of this procedure.
- The applicant’s application will be processed and verified by the respective authority or Egyptian Consulate.
- The passport will be issued within the stipulated processing period. The applicant must approach the TDINA office to collect the same.
- Military status - For male applicants only (if not stated on current passport) - Please note that the original Military Exemption must be submitted if applying for a lost passport)
- For Female applicants - If your marital status is not listed on your National ID, please submit a copy of your Egyptian marriage certificate.
Apply through mail:
- To apply for an Egyptian passport through mail, the applicant must fill out and sign an application form before the notary public addressed to the consulate.
- Refer to the “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this procedure for the same.
- The applicant is required to mail all the necessary documents required for the procedure.
- Refer to the “Required Documents” section of this procedure to learn more.
- If the military status is not mentioned in the existing passport, the applicant is required to submit the original Military Exemption in case applying for a lost passport.
- If the marital status of the female applicants is not mentioned in the national ID card, they are required to submit their Egyptian Marriage Certificate for verification.
- The applicant must submit the required fees as mentioned in the “Fees” section of this procedure.
- The applicant must also mail a pre-paid return envelope to receive the new original passport and other documents.
- The applicant is required to mail all these documents and application form along with their contact information.
- The Consulate will then verify and process the application. The applicant will receive the passport within the stipulated processing period.
- Egyptian National ID card
- computerized birth certificate
- 4 recent passport size personal photographs (white background).
- Original Current passport or the expired passport.
Documents required for apply through mail:
- Original Egyptian Passport
- Original Egyptian National ID or Egyptian Birth Certificate.
- 4 recent personal photos (4 white backgrounds).
- Current passport or the expired passport.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Interior's Travel Documents, Immigration and Nationality Administration (TDINA)
U.S. Embassy in Egypt
U.S. Embassy Cairo
5 Tawfik Diab Street
Garden City, Cairo
Telephone: (20-2) 2797 3300
Fax: (20-2) 2797 3200
Contact link: Link
EMBASSY OF INDIA
5, Aziz Abaza Street, Zamalek, Cairo
Tel. No. (+202) 2736-0052 / 2736-3051
Fax No. (+202) 2736-4038
Contact link: Link
Ministry of Interior
Address: First Settlement - New Cairo
Post no. :11641
Tel: 24060785 - 24060786 - 24060787 - 24060788 - 24060789
E-mail: [email protected] , [email protected] , [email protected]
Contact link: Link
Consulate General of Egypt in Mumbai
101 Benhur Apartments
32, Narayan Dabholkar Road
Navshanti Nagar, Malabar Hill
Mumbai, Maharashtra 400006
Phone: 022 2367 6407, 022 2367 6422
Contact link: Link
- Egyptian National ID card is required, or a computerized birth certificate for those below the age of 16.
- Students must furnish evidence of enrollment at the time of application.
- Some categories of applicants, mainly first-time applicants who are not students or pensioners, are required to pay a guarantee at the time of application.
- Applicants with a history of frequent travel are exempted from this requirement.
- Fees are 170 USD for New Passports, 210 USD for lost/stolen passports
- The passport is issued for a validity of 7 years for those who apply using their Egyptian National ID.
- The new passport is issued for a validity of 1 year from issue date, for those who apply using their Egyptian Birth Certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is 3-4 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Photo of Passport Holder
- Type [of document, which is "P" for "passport"]
- Code [of the issuing country, which is "EGY" for "Arab Republic of Egypt"]
- Passport No.
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiry
- Issuing Office
- National ID number (in Arabic)
- Name of Husband and Nationality (in Arabic)-married females only
- Military Status (in Arabic)-males only
- Address (in Arabic)
- Machine Readable Zone
- PDF417 barcode (encodes the machine readable code + passport serial number + issuing office number)
- No Signature Is Required
Need for the Document
- Egyptian passports are issued to nationals of Egypt for the purpose of international travel. Besides serving as a proof of Egyptian citizenship, they facilitate the process of securing assistance from Egyptian consular officials abroad if needed.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.