Egypt - Obtain a Tax Idetification Number TIN
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
There are four main types of taxes apply in Egypt, namely
- Corporate income tax,
- Personal income tax,
- Property tax
- Tax in interests, dividends and plus values.
General Sales Tax, which is similar to Value Added Tax (VAT) to some extent, also applies.
- To get a TIN you should start by visiting Egypt Tax Authority offices for registration. Here a certifying acceptance agent will help you complete the tax identification form according to the type of tax category you want to register under.
- After dully filling the registration form it is submitted for review. The relevant documents should be attached with the form. This includes national identity card or passport, business name, address, occupation, employer, marital status, spouses name etc. This information will vary with the type of Tax category.
- Upon verification of your detail, taxpayers identification number, TIN, will be issued to you.
- a duly filled and signed application form
- your work permit
- your resident permit
- Your identity card or passport.
Office Locations & Contacts
Egyptian Tax Authority
El-Basatin Sharkeya, El-Basatin, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Tel: (02) 24034896 - 24034893 - 24034891
Tel: (02) 27947918
Ministry of Finance
Address Nasr City
Phone no. 23428886 - 23428010 - 23428830
Fax 26861680 - 2686181
Fax: ++2(0)2 26861861
Email Address: [email protected]
E-mail [email protected]
Office Locations that can be approached :Office Locations and contacts
- TIN may be obtained in cases where an individual is believed to be deriving income in Egypt.
- Egyptians who have attained 18 years of age are eligible to obtain a TIN
- 50 Egyptian pounds
- The validity of the TIN is for ever.
Documents to Use
- Application documents are provided at application office.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It may take 3 to 15 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- There are different types of taxes in Egypt, some of which apply to expatriates. Take the time to inquire about these and on relating conditions with Egyptian tax authorities so as to avoid any surprises.
- Four main types of taxes apply in Egypt, namely corporate income tax, personal income tax, property tax and tax in interests, dividends and plus values. General Sales Tax, which is similar to Value Added Tax (VAT) to some extent, also applies.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity
Need for the Document
- The Tax Identification Number (TIN) is a unique identifier issued by Egypt Revenues to a taxpayer. A TIN is unique to each person and will be used by the taxpayer whenever they transact with Revenue:
- As provided by the law, the taxpayers’ identification number, TIN and the tax clearance certificate are very important documents needed for various reasons in Ethiopia. Whether you are a civil servant or a business person, you need a taxpayer’s identification number because many transactions in Ethiopia shall depend on the possession of a valid TIN.
- Filing annual income tax returns
- Filing annual summaries (persons required to deduct tax at source)
- Paying all types of taxes
- Requesting for goods to be cleared by customs at ports of entry
Information which might help
- Aoolicants bio data
- Identity card number
- Residesial address
- Income bracket
- Sources of income in order to properly establish your account.
- business activity
other uses of the Document/Certificate
- A taxpayer applying for a license to carry on a business or occupation shall be required to supply the taxpayer’s TIN to the licensing authority.
Egyptian Tax Authority :click here
Registration guide of Egyptian tax authority : Guide
The tax year in Egypt starts in January and ends in December. You are required to submit your tax return, either in person or by post, to the local tax administration office before the 1st of April of the following tax year. Payment has to be done on the same day, pending the validation of your tax return. ..