Egypt - Obtain Liquor License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In Person:
- To obtain liquor license, the applicant must submit an application on a prescribed form to the Directorate of The Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality Control (EOS), stating the name of the manufacturer, name (brand name where applicable) of the product:Link
- The applicant can submit the application form to The Egyptian Organization for Standardization and Quality Control (EOS) in their District.
- Each regulated liquor product requires separate application form.
- The applicant must fill in the application form appropriately with the required information.
- The applicant must submit this application form along with the documents mentioned in the “Required Documents” section for this procedure.
- A letter of invitation for the inspection of factory to be submitted by the applicant in Egypt and shall state the full location address of the manufacturer, name of contact person, E-mail address, current phone and fax numbers.
- Once all the documents are submitted and the requirements are met, the applicant can go ahead to pay for the permit.
- The license will be issued to the applicant within the processing period. The applicant must approach the office mentioned earlier to collect the license once they get notified by the authority about the same.
- A completed application Form and application fee.
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation for a company or registration certificate in case of individuals or partnership applicant.
- Certified copies of Forms and copies of share certificates of the company directors and shareholders.
- Proof of availability of business premises (written undertaking lease in lieu of agreement or tittle deed).
- Proof of advertisement in Egypt Government Gazette, and bring a stamped copy of receipt according to Regulation 3 (2) of the Liquor Act, 1999.
- The Control Authority shall not consider an application for a licence where both the first and second notice of the application was not published for at least 21 days, in accordance with Liquor Act.
- Certified copies of valid ID for citizens and passport for non-citizen directors and shareholders.
- Certified copies of valid work and residence permit for non citizen managers.
- A covering letter explaining how the business would operate and provide itemized list of goods and services.
- Satisfactory Physical Planners report for zoning of the plot.
- Satisfactorily Environmental Health report for the business premises from Federal state Council Health Inspectors.
Office Locations & Contacts
Egyptian Drug Authority (EDA)
Address: 21 Abd El-Aziz Al Soud Street, EL-Manial, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +202 25354100 (30 lines)
Tel: +202 23684288 +202 23648046
Tel: +202 23640368 +202 23648769
E-Mail: [email protected]eg
Egyptian Organization for Standards & Quality
Address: 16 training of trainers u - princely - Cairo
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: 22845522 - 22845524
Contact link: Link
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- The validity is 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is 1 month.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Police Report
- Health Report
- Lease Agreement/Title deed
- Plans drawn to scale indicating inside layout
- Bank Statement
- Applicant's National Identity Card
- Certificate of Incorporation, in the case of a company
- Company Resolution, in the case of a company
Need for the Document
- You need a license to sell it, and you cannot drink any how or any time. You can't advertise it freely; the government has hash restrictions on ads for spirits usually government evaluates new establishments wishing to obtain licenses to serve alcohol as venues that will cater to foreigners. Obtaining liquor licenses proves challenging outside of areas such as Maadi and Zamalek, areas with relatively high levels of non-Egyptian residents.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.