Egypt - Obtain Family Record Extract
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain family record extract the applicant can obtain the family registration at the post office: link
- The applicant must carry all the necessary documents required for the procedure.
- Refer to the “Required Documents” section of this procedure for more.
- The applicant must pay the required fee mentioned in the “Fees” section of this procedure.
- Once the applicant submits all the documents, it is possible to obtain a family record from the birth register.
- The applicant can register their family by navigating to the link: URL
- The applicant must fill all the details mentioned under ‘Submit a new family registration application’, and click on the “next step” button.
- Refer to the “Required Information” section of this procedure to learn more about the required details.
- If you have already filled and completed the registration, you can also follow up your application by entering your ‘National ID’, and ‘Follow up number’ under ‘Follow up on a family registration application’.
- After following all the necessary steps and instructions to obtain a family registration online through the link that we explained above, the family registration can be received by mail, where the address is recorded in detail in the form, so that the family is registered. It is sent by mail to the extract.
- A copy of the father’s identity card or a copy of his birth certificate must be submitted, and in the event of the father’s death, a copy of the death certificate must be submitted.
- A copy of the mother’s national identity card or a copy of the birth certificate must be brought, and in the event of the mother’s death, a copy of the death certificate must be presented.
- Bring a copy of the birth certificate of the brothers or a copy of the birth certificate and a copy of the death certificate in the event of the death of one of them.
- Copies of the children’s birth certificates are brought, and in the event of the death of one of them, a copy of the death certificate is brought.
- As for men, they must bring a document explaining their position on recruitment.
- The individual is given a family registration form and then records all the data required in this form and then submits it with the documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Finance
Arab Republic of Egypt
Ministry of Finance Towers,
Extension of Ramsis Street,
Contact link: URL
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- The validity of the family registration and the possibility of using it for a period of three months from the date of removal, and the document will not be available after the end of this period.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Family registration can be obtained within a week, and only after three days when applying for emergency family registration.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Details required for new family registration application:
- Are you a high-school student (Yeah/No)
- Do you want to join the military colleges (Yeah/No)
- The applicant’s national number
- The national number of the holder of registration (head of the family)
- The kinship of the applicant
- Phone number
- Follow-up number
- National ID
Need for the Document
- The family record, extracted from the civil registry, contains all the data on all family members from birth to the date of death and includes the husband, wife, sons and daughters, as well as grandparents.
- When applying to any of the Egyptian government agencies, a family record of the applicant, the father and all family members are required, and this is a condition for applying to some institutions.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.