Egypt - Obtain Certificate of Registration for Real Estate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain certificate of registration the applicant must reach out or contact the Property Tax Authority: Link
- The applicant must approach and pay the property registration fees at Real Estate Registry.
- Refer to the “Fees” section of this procedure for the same.
- The Egyptian Surveying Authority inspects the property and prepares a report of its findings, called kashf tahdeed, that is delivered to the Measurement Department for approval. Once approved, the report is sent to the Real Estate Registry.
- The Real Estate Registry conducts a technical and legal review of the request and ensures the existing cadastral information matches that of the property being registered. Once the review has taken place, the documents are marked as "approved to be authenticated" (maqbul lilshahr) and released to the parties together with a stamped form that will later be used to draft the sales contract.
- The parties' lawyer drafts a sales contract (called mashroa moharar) on the stamped form obtained at the Real Estate Registry. The contract is submitted to the Lawyers' Syndicate for verification. The lawyer who drafts the contract reports his/her syndicate identification number on the form and the Lawyers' Syndicate verifies if the lawyer is indeed a registered member. The verification fees are based on the property value, with a maximum of EGP 5,000.
- After collecting the contract from the Lawyers' Syndicate, the parties submit it the Real Estate Registry for review. Once the review has taken place, the contract is marked as "approved to be registered" (saleh lilshahr).
- Once the contract is marked as "approved to be registered", the parties proceed before the competent public official (mowathiq) to sign and authenticate it.
- The buyer submits the authenticated contract to the main office of the Real Estate Registry for final approval. Once the Registry has granted its approval, a registration number is issued and the contract is marked as transcribed for transmission (naqil liltakleef). The buyer receives a copy of the registered contract and the registration process is complete.
- Identification of principal and agent document
- Relation of principal and agent document
- Authority granted by principal document
- Date of power of attorney document
- Signature or sealing of principal document
- A copy of subjects identification document
- Identification of the representative document
- Provided that where a legal representative applies, document that shows the representative relation may substitute power of attorney or subjects ID.
Office Locations & Contacts
Egyptian Real Estate Taxation Authority
Email: [email protected]
Head of RTA Tel: 27950566
Contact link: Link
Egyptian Drug Authority (EDA)
Address: 21 Abd El-Aziz Al Soud Street, EL-Manial, Cairo, Egypt
Tel: +202 25354100 (30 lines)
Tel: +202 23684288 +202 23648046
Tel: +202 23640368 +202 23648769
E-Mail: [email protected]
Ministry of Finance
Arab Republic of Egypt
Ministry of Finance Towers,
Extension of Ramsis Street,
Contact link: Link
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
- Up to and including 100 square meters: EGP 500;
- Above this, up to and including 200 square meters: EGP 1,000;
- Above this, up to and including 300 square meters: EGP 1,500;
- More than 300 square meters: EGP 2,000.
- The validity is of 1 year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is around 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The Property Tax Certificate proves that the property has undergone a tax assessment and it is registered at the Property Tax Authority.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.