Egypt - Obtain Certificate of Origin
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a certificate of origin, the applicant must apply through portal of GOEIC, and the service procedure is to be completed within one of the GOEIC branches.
- The applicant needs to have an account on the GOEIC portal: link
- The applicant must click on “Users Login” at the top of the website, and enter the “Username” and “Password”, and click on “Login” to login to the website.
- The user must follow the instructions as prompted and enter the required details.
- If the user is a new user, they must click on “Users Login” and click on “New Account”.
- The user must enter all the information and credentials to continue.
- The contact links and branches link of GOEC has been mentioned in the “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this procedure.
- Certificate of Origin Application (Form 8 bis Exports)
- Approved bill from the exporter
- Approved copy from the statistical form
- Exporter approval:
- Acknowledgment of local component (form attached)
- Acknowledgment for exports require certificate (1) (Eur-Med). (forms attached)
- Regarding the products of the productive projects in the free zones, the head of free zones must approve that these products were manufactured inside the free zones.
Required forms for Certificates of Origin:
- Emblem form for Arab League according to Agreement of Facilitation and Promotion of Commercial Exchange among Arab Countries.
- Arabic form of bilateral agreement for free commercial exchange.
- Pass certificate form (Eur.1) according to Egyptian - European Partnership Agreement.
- Eur-Med Certificate Form according to agreements of Agadir, EFTA, Free Trade between Egypt and Turkey.
- Certificate of Origin Form (Form.A) according to the General System of Preference (GSP).
- Certificate of Origin Form (G.S.T.P) according to the Global System of Trade Preferences.
- COMESA Certificate Form according to COMESA Agreement.
- Form of Textile Product Certificate issued with Eur.1 certificate if required.
Office Locations & Contacts
Arab Republic of Egypt
Ministry of Trade and Industry
General Organization for Export and Import Control
Headquarters: Electronic building at Cairo Air port in front of cargo village
Toll Free Number: 08006667666
Branches and Offices Network of GOEIC::link
Contact link: link
- The customer must have an active e-services account on the online portal
- A fee of 1 L.E to issue the Certificate of Origin.
- The price of Certificate of Origin is 25 piasters - for Emblem of Arab League, bilateral agreement, COMESA and G.S.T.P.
- The price of Certificate of Origin is 3.20 L.E according to the approval of Minister of Commerce and Industry in 8/10/2009 for FORM.A, EUR .1 and EUR .MED
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is 5-10 minutes.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- An Egyptian Certificate of Origin is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- A Certificate of Origin, abbreviated as C/ O and COO, is an essential export document, which is used in the International trade to attest that particular exported goods are wholly manufactured and processed in the United States. Some countries require a Certification of Origin for the export of certain products, while a statement of origin on a company letterhead will be sufficient for other countries. It is the responsibility of the exporter to verify the importer requirements and the export rules of the imported country.
- The buyers (importers) usually require a Certificate of Origin to:
- Meet customs requirements in the importing state
- Meet ‘quota’ requirements imposed by the importing country
- Comply with banking requirements
- For other official and commercial reasons
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.