Dominican Republic - Register a Death
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Consular offices are entitled to refuse to provide a citizen the service he/she requested, if the consular staff doubt the usefulness for the citizen, and if they think the service will harm the future interests of the Applicant, or that of the Consular Office .
- Electoral Identity Card and the deceased (if available).
- Dominican passport of the deceased (if available).
- Dominican birth certificate of the deceased (if available).
- Death Certificate from the foreign institution who certified the death.
- Reported cause of death (if any).
- One witness.
Consular Offices may require the applicant to submit additional documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
All deaths involving a citizen of the Dominican Republic must be registered.
This service is free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the urgency of the request, the number of previous requests being processed and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Dominican citizen, foreigner or an institution duly represented may go to the consular office and make the Declaration of Death.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Declaration of Death is the act by which the consular office receives notification about the death of a Dominican citizen. This act will also notify the Dominican civil registry, recording the event in the books, regardless where it took place.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.