Dominican Republic - Obtain a Certificate of No Birth Declaration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Parents of children born abroad may go to a Dominican Embassy or Consulate to request for the issuance of this certificate.
- They must fill in the application form and submit it along with all other required documents.
- Pay the appropriate fee.
- It is noted that the Constitution of the Dominican Republic is clear as to the nationality of the minor children of foreign-born Dominicans.
- Issuance of the certificate of non-declaration of birth, does not mean you are certifying that citizen is not a Dominican, this certificate states that the parents has not complied with the process required by the Constitution granting Dominican nationality to the children of foreign-born Dominicans.
- Dominican Identification Document: passport or identity card and voter.
- Document to identify the child, clearly establishing relations: birth certificate from another country, family book, identity card from another country, etc.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
Parents who wish to request a Certificate of No Birth Declaration from the consular offices of the Dominican Republic.
Application fee: 15.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
The amount of application fee varies, depending on the cost of living in the city where the Consular Office is located.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the urgency of the request, the number of previous requests being processed and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications to obtain this certificate are submitted to Dominican Republic Embassies or Consulates.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Certificate of No Birth Declaration is a document stating that a child of Dominican Citizen born abroad has no record of its birth declared at the Consulate of the Dominican Republic.
Following are procedures on how to obtain a Certificate of No Birth Declaration.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.