Dominican Republic - Apply for a new passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Make payment at any branch of the Reserve Bank. For the passport application fee
- Contact any office of the Directorate General of Passports
- Submit the deposit receipt and all required documents. You will receive a certificate where the file number is specified.
- Allow time for processing you will be mailed a confirmation letter as confirmation of a ready passport, collect your passport at Directorate General of Passports offices
- Certified original birth certificate and a copy of it.
- Certificate of original identity and electoral and back.
- Two (2) 2 x 2 RECENT photos, white background with visible ears and shoulders covered. You should not see the teeth, garments or lenses.These pictures should not have shade or shine.
- Receipt of tax payment made in the Reserve Bank and a copy (must be in the name of the person requesting the service issue or renewal of the passport).
Note: Every married woman want to take her married name on your passportand that it is not on their identity card and voter should be directed to the Central Electoral Board and and request changes to your card, before reporting to theDirectorate General Passport .
Office Locations & Contacts
Licda. Iris Guaba
Address: George Washington Esq. Heroes Of Luperon Building Migration
Centre Sector Heroes, Zip Code 10101, NATIONAL DISTRICT, PROVINCE
Reference Building Migration
Email [email protected]
Licda. Malena Vilmania
Enc. Dept.. Communications
Phone 809-532-4233 x 221
Email malena.vilma @ hotmail.com
Phone 809-532-4233 x 225
Mobile Phone 829-281-0677
Email [email protected]
All the citizens of Dominican Republic are eligible for a passport
Normal Process RD $ 1,650.00.
VIP Process: RD $ 2,650.00.
Dominican passport are valid for six years and should be renewed and validated
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
6 days standard and 3 days, if VIP.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Applicant name
- Applicant parents name
Need for the Document
Dominican Republic passports are issued to citizens of the Dominican Republic to travel outside of the country. Currently Dominican are issued with biometric passports. However the Dominican Republic biometric passports do not carry the "chip inside" symbol
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Used as a proof of citizenship
- Used for identification
More information which might help people.