Dominican Republic - Apply for a Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain an application form at the consular headquarters. You may also download the form or fill it up online.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Pay appropriate fee.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to approve or refuse visa application.
For the benificiary:
- Visa Application Letter (No Notarized) signed by the beneficiary or his representative, containing name, nationality, place of residence, what type of activity he/she is in, purpose in coming to the Dominican Republic and how many times he/she will be visiting the country.
- Visa Form: duly completed, information printed or written legibly. Forms are available at the consular headquarters or may be downloaded or filled in online.
- One (1) picture, sized 4 x 5 inches, front and with white background.
- Original passport with a minimum validity of six months.
- Authorization from parents or guardian, for minor applicants.
- Documents showing financial solvency : letter(s) of your bank passbook savings account, checking account or bank certificates, labor certification, indicating the date of joining the company, position in the company, salary, their land titles residence, business, farm or land, or if the vehicle registration has.
- Legible photocopy of national identity of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the residence card if you live in a second country.
- Legible copy of booking or letter of invitation with the address information and general information of the person who will stay in the DR.
- Legible copy of flight booking.
- Legible copy of previous Dominican visas (if it is a renewal, or has previously traveled to the Dominican Republic).
- Certificate of No Criminal Record ( Not required for minors) issued by the appropriate authorities of the last country in which the person was domiciled.
Guarantor from the Dominican Republic:
- Letter of Guarantee, Duly notarized and legalized in the Attorney General's Office, this document must be submitted by the applicant along with all other documents on the day of his interview in the Dominican consulate, it is essential that the guarantee letter containing the following clause, in order to be accepted by the Dominican Republic diplomatic mission or consular:
- WARRANTY CLAUSE: "I guarantee (name, nationality and passport) , will not stay in the Dominican Republic longer than that granted by the Directorate General of Immigration, or request change of residence or immigration status from the Dominican territory, devoted exclusively to the activity for which the visa was granted. " I do morally and economically responsible to return to their country of origin , assuming to pay for any expenses of the Dominican State in which that person may incur during your stay in the country, or caused as a result of repatriation or deportation of the same".
- Documents showing financial solvency : letter (s) of your bank passbook savings account, checking account or bank certificates, labor certification, indicating the date of joining the company, position in the company, salary, their land titles residence, business, farm or land, or if the vehicle registration has.
- Interview. A guarantor must undergo an interview at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a consular department official.
- These requirements are for foreign nationals from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Hong Kong, China, India, Pakistan and Colombia, and other countries, as expressly instructed by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Article 5.5 of the Rules and Consular Practices).
- All documents must be legalized by the consular offices of the Dominican Republic, after seeing been certified by the Office of Foreign Affairs of the country where the Consular Office or the country of origin of the document.
- If there is a need for it, all documents must be translated into Spanish by a legal translator duly accredited by the authorities of the country of origin.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
- Visas for Multiple entries are issued to individuals on a cruise or to tourist who will coming to the Dominican Republic by plane more than once.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to request any additional documents and to conduct it's interview in a way it deems necessary to evaluate the request.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
Citizens of other countries may apply for a tourist visa for the Dominican Republic in Dominican consular offices.
- Multiple entries: 80.00
- Single Entry: 70.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
Tourist Visas are valid for a period of 60 days and are valid for a single entry or multiple entries. Holders of Tourist Visas may not engage in any gainful activity while in staying in the Dominican territory.
Documents to Use
- To be filled out by hand (Spanish)
- To be filled out by hand (English)
- To be filled out by hand (Korean)
- To be filled out by hand (French)
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 1 to 10 days, depending on the urgency of the request, the nationality of the applicant, previous applications being processed by the consular office and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A visa is a document stating that a person is authorized to enter or leave the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission granted by the immigration official at the time of actual entry.
The authorization may be a document, but it is commonly in a form of a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport (or passport-replacing document).
Individuals who wishes to go to the Dominican Republic, to attend a conference or convention, for cultural purpose or to simply visit are issued Tourist Visas.
Following are procedure on how to apply for a tourist visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.