Dominican Republic - Apply for a Provisional Passport or Letter of Route
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Dominican Consular Office with a properly filled up application form
- Submit the form along with all other required documents and pay the appropriate fee.
- The applicant must transact directly with the consular office, unless there is a good reason to have somebody submit their application. For minors, application must be submitted by their parents or legal guardian.
- Document that identifies you as Dominican (expired passport, identification card issued in Dominican Republic, birth certificate, Dominican driving license, others).
- If you have lost your passport,police report.
- Recent photograph sized 4 x 5 inches, colored with white background, without shadow, in the face without earrings, no piercing, no chain, no smile, no gesture, hair backwards, with ears and forehead uncovered, without flequito and taken up close.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
Every Dominican citizen have a right to request the consular office of the Dominican Republic to be issued a temporary passport or letter of route.
Application fee: 40.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
The amount of application fee varies, depending on the cost of living in the city where the Consular Office is located.
Provisional Passport or Letter of Route is valid for 30 days only and issued exclusively to return to the Dominican Republic. To be able to travel outside Dominican Republic you must obtain a passport.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 10 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the number of previous applications and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A provisional passport or letter of route is issued by the Dominican Republic Consulate in exceptional cases to all Dominican citizens who do not have valid passport and need to travel to the Dominican Republic.
Following are procedures on how to apply for a provisional passport or letter of route.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.