Dominican Republic - Apply for a Dependency Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain an application form at the consular headquarters. You may also download the form or fill it up online.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Pay appropriate fee.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to approve or refuse visa application.
- Visa application letter addressed to the consular post by the applicant. It shall also indicate if the person to whom it is requested visa, depends on him by family ties or employment relationship.
- Visa Form: duly completed, information printed or written legibly. Forms are available at the consular headquarters or may be downloaded or filled in online.
- One (1) picture, sized 4 x 5 inches, front and with white background.
- Original passport valid for at least equal to or greater than the duration of the requested visa.
- Marriage certificate or birth certificate of the children , according to the relation between of the main family member to the person requesting the dependency visa.
- Copy of Visa or Alien Dominican and copy of passport of the person from which the applicant relies.
- Medical Certificate presenting a diagnosis of general health status of the applicant and indicating if it suffers from some kind of contagious disease. Must be issued by the relevant health authorities of the last country in which the person was domiciled. In the event that you reside in the Dominican Republic, this certificate must be issued by medical laboratory, hospital or clinic registered by the Ministry of Public Health.
- No Criminal Record Certificate issued by the appropriate authorities of the last country in which the person was domiciled. If the applicant has resided in the Dominican Republic that document must be issued by the Attorney General of the Republic. Not a requirement for minors.
- Authorization from parents or guardian, when the beneficiary of the dependency visa is a minor.
- Legible photocopy of national identity of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the residence card , if you live in a second country.
- Documents proving financial solvency (bank letter, job letter, property deeds, etc.) of the person to be dependent. If any document is issued in the Dominican Republic, must be certified by a notary public and legalized by the Attorney General of the Republic.
- For applications to renew: Legible photocopy of previous Dominican visas or residence card
- All documents must be legalized by the consular offices of the Dominican Republic, after seeing been certified by the Office of Foreign Affairs of the country where the Consular Office or the country of origin of the document.
- Minors are exempt from filing the Certificate of Criminal Antececentes but not the medical certificate.
- If there is a need for it, all documents must be translated into Spanish by a legal translator duly accredited by the authorities of the country of origin.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to request any additional documents and to conduct it's interview in a way it deems necessary to evaluate the request.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
Dependecy Visas are issued to foreign citizens legally residing in the Dominican Republic. They may apply at consular offices of the Dominican Republic.
Application fee: 80.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- To be filled out by hand (Spanish)
- To be filled out by hand (English)
- To be filled out by hand (Korean)
- To be filled out by hand (French)
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 5 to 15 days, depending on the urgency of the request, the nationality of the applicant, previous applications being processed by the consular office and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A visa is a document stating that a person is authorized to enter or leave the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission granted by the immigration official at the time of actual entry.
The authorization may be a document, but it is commonly in a form of a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport (or passport-replacing document).
Following are procedure on how to apply for a dependency visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.