Dominican Republic - Apply for a Business Visa for Work Purposes
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Obtain an application form at the consular headquarters. You may also download the form or fill it up online.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- Pay appropriate fee.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to approve or refuse visa application.
By the Beneficiary:
- Visa application letter addressed to the Minister of Foreign Affairs by the applicant or his legal representative, containing the beneficiary name and nationality, place of residence and activity which will be dedicated in the country.
- Visa Form: duly completed, information printed or written legibly. Forms are available at the consular headquarters or may be downloaded or filled in online.
- One (1) picture, sized 4 x 5 inches, front and with white background.
- Original passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months.
- Certification from the Ministry of Labour, indicating that the company is registered with Integrated Registration System Labor (SIRLA), complies with the provisions of Article 135 of the Labour Code Dominican (nationalization of the work).
- Work Proposal , duly registered with the Ministry of Labour of the Dominican Republic.
- Medical Certificate presenting a diagnosis of general health status of the applicant and indicating if it suffers from some kind of contagious disease. Must be issued by the relevant health authorities of the last country in which the person was domiciled. In the event that you reside in the Dominican Republic, this certificate must be issued by medical laboratory, hospital or clinic registered by the Ministry of Public Health.
- No Criminal Record Certificate issued by the appropriate authorities of the last country in which the person was domiciled. If the applicant has resided in the Dominican Republic that document must be issued by the Attorney General of the Republic.
- Legible photocopy of national identity of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the residence card , if you live in a second country.
- For application to renew or has previously traveled to the Dominican Republic: Legible photocopy of previous Dominican visas or residence card.
- Certification issued by the Directorate General of Immigration , stating the last entry into the country of the beneficiary, if previous trips to the Dominican Republic.
By the guarantor in the DR:
- Letter of Guarantee. This means the contracting company will be responsible morally and financially from abroad, as well as the return to their home country upon completion of one of the parties the employment relationship, engaging in case the visa is in effect, to process your cancellation of the same to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, assuming pay for any expenses of the Dominican State in which that person may incur during your stay in the country, or caused as a result of repatriation or deportation of it, this document must be submitted signed by the highest ranking officer or representative of the company, notarized and legalized in the Attorney General's Office.
- Documents showing financial solvency: letter(s) or bank certificates from your bank certifying the existence of a savings or a checking account under the applicants name. You may also present your vehicle registration if you have one.
- Interview. A guarantor must undergo an interview at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with a consular department official.
- These requirements are for foreign nationals from Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Cuba, Hong Kong, China, India, Pakistan and Colombia, and other countries, as expressly instructed by the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. (Article 5.5 of the Rules and Consular Practices).
- All documents must be legalized by the consular offices of the Dominican Republic, after seeing been certified by the Office of Foreign Affairs of the country where the Consular Office or the country of origin of the document.
- If the request includes the spouse and children dependent visa must be attached to the file the marriage certificate and birth certificate of the children, both documents duly legalized.
- Minors are exempt from filing the Certificate of Criminal Antececentes but not the medical certificate.
- If there is a need for it, all documents must be translated into Spanish by a legal translator duly accredited by the authorities of the country of origin.
- Some consular offices may have a photography service available. It will be advisable for you to inquire first before going to the consular office.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to request any additional documents and to conduct it's interview in a way it deems necessary to evaluate the request.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores
Avenida Independencia No.752
Estancia San Gernimo, Distrito Nacional,
Capital de la Repblica Dominicana.
- Central: 809.987.7001 / 535.6280
- RAI: 809.987.7019
- Legalization: 809.987.7638
- Consular: 809.987.7624
- RH: 809.987.7027
- Financial: 809.987.7111
- Administrative: 809.987.7089
- Protocol: 809.987.7031
Email: [email protected]
For individuals who wish to work in the Dominican Republic can apply for a Business Visa Work Purposes at consular offices of the Dominican Republic.
Application fee: 90.00
The amount payable is in U.S. dollars (USD), in European areas it will be EUROS or in the currency of the country where the Consular Office is.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
- To be filled out by hand (Spanish)
- To be filled out by hand (English)
- To be filled out by hand (Korean)
- To be filled out by hand (French)
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time may take about 5 to 15 days, depending on the urgency of the request, the nationality of the applicant, previous applications being processed by the consular office and staff availability.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A visa is a document stating that a person is authorized to enter or leave the territory for which it was issued, subject to permission granted by the immigration official at the time of actual entry.
The authorization may be a document, but it is commonly in a form of a stamp endorsed in the applicant's passport (or passport-replacing document).
Business visas for work purposes are issued to those who by nature of their occupation remain for a year in the country, without necessarily having to go outside. Generally granted to individuals who have fixed term contracts in public or private companies established in the country and can be renewed for an equal period of time, during the term of the contract in each case.
Following are procedures on how to apply for this type of visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Consular services portal of the Dominican Republic:
More information which might help people.