Cuba - Renew a Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Carefully fill out the application form, avoid additions, erasures or crossed-out entries, for this may lead to the invalidation of your application. Signature must be clear and in black ink. All questions in the form must be filled in, and in the case of any negative answer or blank space, a horizontal line should be drawn. Should any space be left blank, it will be interpreted as No answer.
- Submit the form along with all other required documents.
- A photocopy of the expired Passport and the Passport itself.
- Two colored Passport-size photos, front-view, not wearing any head covering or dark glasses.
- A photocopy of the Consular Registration Card.
- Completely filled-out form, printed in black ink.
- Payment of the Consular fee
Note: For application sent through mail or via a third party, an extra consular fee will be charged for the pertinent Consular service.
All payments must be made in cash or by a bank certified cheque. Cash sent by mail will be refused and returned at the risk of the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A passport is valid for a total of 6 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Application to renew a passport must be made two months before the date of intended travel.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A passport is a document, issued by the national government. It certifies the identity and nationality of the holder for travel abroad. It contains information about the holder; like name, gender, date and place of birth.
This document does not in itself entitle the passport holder entry into another country, nor consular protection while abroad nor any other privileges. However, it does normally allows the passport holder to return to the country where the passport was issued.
Rights to consular protection arises from international treaties, while the holder's return to the issuing country depends on the laws prevailing in that country.
Following are procedures on how to renew a passport.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Cuban Embassy Consular Services:
More information which might help people.