Cuba - Obtain a Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate (Abroad)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Applying in person
- Go to the consulate of Cuba and fill in the application form.
- Submit form and pay all necessary fees.
Applying through mail
- Fill in and mail the application form along with the payment in the form of a bank certified cheque.
- You must also include the self-addressed stamped envelope for the document to be sent back.
- For more information about this procedure, please contact the Cuban Consulate in your country.
- If the application is made by mail or via a third party, an extra consular fee will be charged for the pertinent Consular service.
- All payments must be made in cash or by a bank certified cheque. All cash sent by mail will be refused and returned at the risk of the applicant.
- Completed application form.
- Payment of all necessary consular fees.
Applications sent by mail:
- Completed application form.
- Payment for all necessary consular fees.
- Self-addressed stamped envelope for the document to be sent back.
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes about 6 months for the certificate to be released.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applications to obtain these certificates may be submitted in person or by mail.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A birth certificate is a vital record that documents the birth of a child. The term "birth certificate" can refer to either the original document certifying the circumstances of the birth or to a certified copy of or representation of the ensuing registration of that birth.
A Death Certificateis a document issued by a registrar ofvital statisticsthat declares the date, location andcauseof a person'sdeath.
Marriage is a legal contract binding two people together, granting them rights and obligations. A Marriage Certificate is an official statement that two people are married.
These documents may be obtain from any Cuban Diplomatic Missions abroad.
Information which might help
Other documents that may be obtain from Cuban Diplomatic Missions abroad:
- Drivers licence certificate
- Single Status Certificate
- Legal Capacity for Marriage Certificate
- Criminal Record Certificate
- Divorce Sentence
- Last Will Certificate
- Legal Heir Certificate
- Immigration movement Certificate
- Certificate of non-citizen national status
- Certificate of Nationality
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Certificate issued by Educational Institutions
- Baptismal Certificate
- Ascertaining Whereabouts
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Cuban Embassy Consular Services:
More information which might help people.