Cook Islands - Convert or Exchange Foreign Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You have to visit the Police Station in Avarua which opens around 8 AM to 3 PM. Following link could also help you find the location of the police station Police Station
- You have to contact the person in the police station, They would ask you to fill up an application form. it would be a good idea to carry a pen with you.
- You would have to show your home country driver license to get a Cook Islands driver license.
- If your home country driver license is not in Enlgish, you would have to provide a translated driver license.
- Driver License from home country. (If your home country driver license is not in Enlgish, you would have to provide a translated driver license.)
Office Locations & Contacts
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
A payment of NZ$20 license fee.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Visitors over 16 can drive in the Cook Islands on their current and full overseas license for up to six months, unless the license expires, is revoked, suspended or disqualified in that time
- The standard left hand rule applies to driving in the Cook Islands. And the maximum speed limit in the main township is 30 km/h and in the villages is 40km/h without a helmet. You must wear a helmet when driving in zones above 40km/h, specifically in the 50km/h speed limit in the less populated areas. It is essential to have a current Drivers Licence. Visitors from Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada, UK and the EU can now drive in the Cook Islands for up to six months using their overseas license.
- Visitors will be allowed to drive only the class of motor vehicle they are entitled to drive in their home country. If visitors hold an overseas driving license for a car only, the license holder will only be permitted to drive a car in the Cook Islands.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information about how to convert or exchange your foreign driver license to Cook Islands driver license.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.