China - Register for Deed Tax
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Tax revenues in China are collected and split between central and local government. The State Administration of Taxation (SAT) is the highest tax authority in China and it has SAT offices at the provincial and city levels responsible for collection of value added tax (VAT), consumption tax, business tax, corporate income tax and other specialized taxes. There are also local tax bureau offices reporting to the local governments and responsible for collecting business tax, individual income tax, and other specialized taxes. In addition, imports and exports are subject to customs duties, and notably, VAT and consumption tax which are collected by the General Administration of Customs and its subsidiaries around the country.
Taxpayers shall receive tax registration forms from competent the tax authority or tax registration centers and complete them as required.
Competent the tax authority or tax registration centers shall examine and verify the documents, certificates, materials and tax registration forms submitted by taxpayers, issue tax registration certificates to those that meet the requirements and collect from them tax registration costs and administrative fees.
- An industrial and commercial business license or other similar permit of business operation
- A contract, agreement and articles of association
- The unified organizational code
- The ID card, passport or other valid ID certificate of the legal representative, or responsible member of owner
- Other documents and information demanded by the tax authorities of a province, autonomous region or municipality directly under the State Council
Office Locations & Contacts
State Administration of Taxation
Address: Yangfangdian Road, Haidian District, on the 5th
State Administration for Industry and Commerce People's Republic of China
Address: 8 Sanlihe Donglu, Xichengqu, Beijing, 100820, P. R. China
Email: [email protected]
The taxpayers of Deed Tax are those enterprises, units, individual household businesses and other individuals who are the transferees of house property transferred within the territory of China.
Purchaser or acquirer of land and building is subject to deed tax. The transfer of ownership of land and building refers to:
- The granting of land use right by the state (not including the transfer of management right of the rural collective land);
- Transfer (including selling, bestowal and exchange) of land use right;
- Sale and purchase of buildings;
- Bestowal of buildings;
- Exchange of Buildings.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A deed tax, generally at rates from 3% to 5%, may be levied on the purchase, sale, gift, or exchange of ownership of land use rights or real properties. The transferee/assignee is the taxpayer.
The Deed Tax is normally based on one of followings:
- The transactional price in case of sale/purchase of houses or sale or use right of State-owned land;
- Assessment made by tax collection offices in reference to the market price of land use right sale or house sale in case of transferring land use right or house as gift; or
The difference of the land use right price and the house price in case of exchange of land use right and house. Tax rates and computation of tax payable
Deed Tax adopts a flat rate within the range of 3%-5%. The rate applicable in jurisdictions at provincial level shall be determined within the above range by the government at the provincial level. The formula for computing the tax payable is:
Tax payable = Tax base x Applicable rate
- The name and the number of the ID card, passport or other valid ID document of the institution, legal representative or owner
- The residence or business address
- The type of registration
- The accounting system
- The form of production and business operation
- The scope of production and operation
- The total amount of capital (fund), investment
- The term of production and operation
- The name and telephone number of the financial chief
- Other information specified by the State Administration of Taxation
Need for the Document
Deed tax is a tax levied on the transferees or assignees on the purchase, gift or exchange of ownership of land use rights or real properties, with the tax rates generally range from 3% to 5%.
Information which might help
The Deed Tax exemptions may be granted on the land and houses received by the Governmental organs, institutions, social organizations and military units for the use of offices, lecturing, medical treatment, scientific research and military facility; the State-owned house purchased for the first time by employees in cities and towns in conformity with relevant rules; the use right of barren mountains, barren gullies, barren hills and/or barren beaches received for use in agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry and/or fishery industry; and those diplomatic organizations and staff satisfying the relevant rules of tax exemption. Residential houses purchased as a result of house loss due to force majeure may be given tax reduction or exemption.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Taxpayers should fulfill their obligation of tax payment in accordance with the provisions of tax laws, tax administrative rules or regulations. Contracts, agreements and other documents signed by taxpayers that contravene tax laws, tax administrative rules or regulations shall be null and void.
Every company has to register with both the SAT and the local tax bureau, and Customs as required. Given the complexity of the taxation structure, tax regulations can be interpreted in different ways by different offices and officials, even among the different districts of the same city. Different offices in different regions may have different interpretations towards tax regulations released by the central government, and their implementation efforts may vary. Check with local tax administrations or reputable service providers for the latest tax policy in the location where you are based.