China - Apply for Fishing Permit / License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Acceptance of submitted documents.
Administrative Examination and Approval Office of MOA shall preliminarily examine the Application for Fishing Permit and related documents submitted by provincial-level competent fishery authority or agencies directly under the central government.
On-line application shall be filed for preliminary review by National Information System for Marine Fishing Vessels in case of marine fishing.
MOA Bureau of Fisheries shall review the application in accordance with relevant regulations.
- Approval letter issuance.
A written reply shall be given to the applicant upon final approval from Director-General of Bureau of Fisheries who is entrusted by MOA Minister.
- Issuance of fishing permit (special [concession]).
The applicant shall go to the competent Bureau of Fisheries Administration with the approval letter issued by MOA to obtain the permit.
- Review comments made by provincial-level competent fishery authority;
- Fishing gears and method conform to relevant regulations.
- Documents required for submission:
- Application for Fishing Permit;
- Photocopies of Business License of Enterprise Legal Person or certification of household register (The initial acceptance authority is responsible for making sure whether they are identical with respective original ones and stamps with an official seal if so.);
- Unexpired Certificate of Inspection and Certificate of Registry (Nationality) granted to the fishing vessel, and Fishing Permit (original copy and photocopy for three documents required);
- For teaching and research purpose, non-commercial institutions shall submit project plan which indicates waters to be investigated and researcher list to be aboard the vessel;
- Leasing contract or the agreement on cooperation required in case of renting fishing vessels for research or resource investigation (Original ones and photocopies for both required).
- Other requirements set by MOA.
Office Locations & Contacts
Address: Administrative Examination and Approval Office
Ministry of Agriculture
No.11 Nongzhanguan Nanli, Chaoyang District, Beijing, China
Fishing licenses for marine fishing with large trawlers and purse seines and for fishing in the jointly managed fishery zones defined in the agreements concluded between the People's Republic of China and the countries concerned or on the high seas shall be granted upon approval by the administrative department for fisheries under the State Council.
Other fishing licenses shall be granted upon approval by the administrative department for fisheries under the local people's governments at or above the county level.
However, the sizes for vessels and fishing gear specified in the fishing licenses issued for marine fishing may not exceed the control sizes for vessels and fishing gear fixed by the State.
Specific measures in this respect shall be formulated by the people's governments of provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities directly under the Central Government.
Free of charge.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
15 workdays for the approval letter, and additional 5 workdays for the fishing permit (special [concession]).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
A fishing license can only be issued when the following requirements are met:
- having the fishing vessel inspection certificate;
- having the fishing vessel registry certificate; and
- meeting the other requirements laid down by the administrative department for fisheries under the State Council.
Contents to be reviewed:
- Qualification of the enterprise or individual fisherman;
- Fishing purpose;
- Qualification of the fishing vessels;
- Qualification of the fishing gears.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The State takes measures in the fields of finance, loan and taxation to encourage and support the development of pelagic fishing and prepares manpower for fishing in inland waters and for offshore fishing in light of the allowable catch of the fishery resources.
Information which might help
- Fisheries Law of the People's Republic of China;
- Implementing Rules for the Fisheries Law of the People's Republic of China;
- Measures on the Administration of Fishing Permit (Promulgated by Order No. 19  of the Ministry of Agriculture of the People's Republic of China, revised by Order No. 38  of the Ministry of Agriculture of China for the first time, and revised by Order No. 6  of the Ministry of Agriculture of China for the second time);
- Circular of the Bureau of Fisheries on Preparation for Implementing the System of Minimum Mesh Size for Marine Fishing Nets and Gears (No. 23  MOA Bureau of Fisheries);
- Other relevant rules issued by MOA.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Holders of the right may enjoy the states supportive policies for aquaculture with the license.
Units and individuals engaged in fishing shall conduct their operations in conformity with the type of operation, location, time limit, amount of fishing gear and the fishing quota, as specified in their licenses. They shall also abide by the regulations on the protection of fishery resources. Large and medium-sized fishing vessels shall keep logs of fishing.
All fishing vessels that are built, rebuilt, purchased or imported shall be examined and inspected by fishing vessel inspection departments before they are launched for operation. Specific administrative measures in this respect shall be formulated by the State Council.
Fishing ports shall be built in compliance with the unified plans of the State, and the principle of whoever invests benefits shall be applied. Local people's governments at or above the county level shall exercise strict supervision over the fishing ports situated within their administrative areas and maintain normal order in the ports.