China - Apply for Chinese Green Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to apply for the certificate
- Submit an application to the public security organ of the People's Government at the city level or the branch office or county office of the public security bureau of a municipality directly under the central government, which is in charge of the community of the applicant's major investment or long-term residence,
- Provide the specified application documents.
- The public security body shall investigate and verify the conditions of the applicant according to the specified prerequisites.
- The local department will submit the application to the Ministry of Public Security for examination and approval.
- The ministry shall decide whether to approve or reject the application for permanent residence permit within 6 months of receiving the application.
- Upon the approval of the Ministry of Public Security, the applicant will be granted a Foreigner Permanent Residence Permit by the Ministry of Public Security.
AND To applicants outside China
A Foreigner Permanent Resident Status Confirmation Letter shall be issued by the Ministry of Public Security, with which they may apply for D Visas from a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad, and receive the Foreigner Permanent Residence Permits from the public security organ which handles their applications within 30 days of entering China.
For holders of the previous resettlement or permanent residence certificates, you can go to the Entry-Exit Administration of the Public Security Bureau and change over to the new green card.
- A Valid Passport or equivalent
- Health certificate issued at state level
- Credentials proving no criminal record by China embassies or consulates
- Two passport photos, no hat
- Other relevant credentials if required.
Office Locations & Contacts
Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau (??????)
Address: 9 Dong Dajie, Dongcheng district, Beijing
Hours: Mon-Sat, 9 am-5 pm
Guangzhou Municipal Public Security Bureau (??????)
Address: 200 Qiyi Lu, Yuexiu district, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province
Hours: Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-5:30 pm; Sat, 8:30 am-12 noon
Shanghai Public Security Bureau (??????)
Address: 185 Fuzhou Lu, Huangpu district, Shanghai
Hours: Mon-Sat, 9 am-5 pm
Shenzhen Public Security Bureau (??????)
Address: 4018 Jiefang Lu, Luohu district, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9am-12 noon; 2pm-6pm; Sat, 9am-11am, 3pm-4:30pm
According to the Chinese regulations, foreigners with eligibility for permanent residence in China will be granted a certificate of identification commonly known as a "Green Card."
The fee for the new green card certificate is 300 yuan or about 36 dollars.
The cost of getting a new card is 1500 yuan or about 180 dollars.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
To qualify for the Green card, you need to fulfill at least one of the following criteria:
- Be a high-level foreign expert holding a post in a business that promote China's economic, scientific and technological development, or social progress.
- Have made outstanding contributions, or are of special importance to China.
- Have made large direct investment of over 500 thousand US dollars in China.
- Come to China to be with your family, such as husband or wife, minors dependent on their parents, and senior citizens dependent on their relatives.
- Name of the applicant
- Passport number
- Contact information
Need for the Document
A green card is issued for those foreigners who want to live in China permanently. Foreigners who want to apply for it should obey the Chinese law, be healthy and have no criminal records. At same time, they should accord with one of the conditions below.
Information which might help
In Beijing, the "Green Card" application files are accepted by the Entry-Exit Administration of the Public Security Bureau. You have three ways to get to the office:
First, by Taxi; the name of the office is "Beijing Shi Chu Ru Jing Guan Li Chu," (?????????) and it can be found to the east of Yonghe Gong.
Second, by subway, get off at Yonghe Gong, and take the B exit out of the station. The building is about 300 metres to the east of the station.
Third, take a map and drive, cycle, walk, skateboard or pogo. I believe it's not hard for you to find this place as this is also the visa office, so you've probably been before.
The agency is open from Monday to Saturday, 8:30 to 12:00 in the morning, 13:00 to 17:00 in the afternoon.
Saturday may not be a good choice. I went to the office on a Saturday, the officer there told me that they are very busy on Saturdaies and have little time to answer questions.
III The last but not least
Take a Chinese friend or an interpreter with you. Of course I believe that your Chinese is good enough, but since the English version of the regulation is still being worked on you'd better let your friend help you translate the exact meaning of some articles.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
With the Green Card, You can
- stay in China for an unlimited period of time
- enter and leave the country with your valid passport and Foreigner Permanent Residence Permits, with no need to obtain visas
- use the Greencard as your single legal document during your time in China.
- have a card even more useful than the resettlement certificate or permanent residence certificate.
However, you should not:
- Endanger national security and interests
- Be sentenced to expulsion from China by the People's Court
- Gain permanent resident status in China by means of fraud
- Lack proof of residence in China for less than the required number of years
More information which might help people.