Chile - Apply for Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to an office of the authorized Civil Registry.
- Proceed to one of the service modules and request your passport.
- Follow the instructions of the officer(s) and cancel the value of the document.
- Within a period of six days hbilas must go to the same office, which made ??the request to withdraw his passport with the corresponding proof.
for applicants who are over 18 years of age:
- valid identity card
for applicants who are under 18 years of age:
- valid identity card and in good condition
- affidavit single parent
- a notarized authorization from both parents (if traveling alone)
- notarized authorization from the parent who is not traveling
- If one or both parents living abroad, out permission must be granted before the Chilean Consulate in the country of residence and legalized at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Chile.
- If presents who has custody of the child by a final judicial judgment, must present a certified copy of the judgment, unless she is outside subinscrita birth registration.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Telephone Number: 600 370 2000
- To view Chilean Civil Registry and Identification location offices, go to this site: http://www.registrocivil.cl/ and click on the "Offices and Times" tab.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
800 364 600
Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Teatinos 180, Santiago, Chile
Phone No. (56-2) 2 827 4200
Passport of 32 pages (*) - $ 89.660
64-page passport (*) - $ 89.740
Note: (*) Price includes Investigative Police release
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The passport is the official travel document for Chile, which contains the identification of the holder and extends in booklet form, valid for use outside the country.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Civil Registry and Identification: http://www.registrocivil.cl/
More information which might help people.