Bulgaria - Obtain Temporary Certificate To Sail Under Bulgarian Flag
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The certificate of a ship acquired abroad is valid until the arrival of the vessel to a Bulgarian port of call where it will be registered, but for a period not exceeding one year.
- A certificate of a ship under construction in Bulgaria is issued after placing the ship in water and for a period not exceeding one year.
- To a vessel acquired abroad, Bulgarian diplomatic or consular mission shall issue a temporary certificate to fly under the flag of Republic of Bulgaria. The document is issued at the request of the buyer/owner.
- For issuance of temporary certification the Bulgarian diplomatic or consular mission shall immediately notify the Executive Agency "Maritime Administration.
- A temporary certificate of ships under construction in the Republic of Bulgaria shall be issued by the Minister of Transport, Information Technology and Communications after their launching. The document is issued at request of the shipbuilder and authorization by owner.
- Application by the owner with a completed full address for receipt of the signed order
- Filled out form BK
- Document establishing the reason for the acquisition of the vessel (contract of sale with notarized signatures, payment document, etc.). When the purchase transaction is performed outside the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria for the form of the contract are applied he requirements of the national legislation of the country where the contract is signed.
- Document containing the description of the vessel (purpose, type) and details of hull, machinery, equipment and vessel size, signaling and navigation equipment, loading equipment, sail rig, etc..;
- Document certifying the class of ship when available
- Document (original) stating that the vessel has left the register of ships of the country under which flag was sailing and a document verifying the presence or absence of sea mortgages and other restrictions in the disposal of the vessel subject to registration in the foreign registry, the order of their formation;
- Notarized statement (original) by the applicant that the ship is not registered in a foreign register;
- Document for paid fee;
Office Locations & Contacts
The addresses and contact information of the Executive Agency Maritime Administration can be found in the link below:
- a ship acquired abroad
- ship under construction in the Republic of Bulgaria
For issuance of a temporary certificate to fly under the flag of the Republic of Bulgaria are collected the following fees:
- Sea ships:
- size up to 40 GT 50 euro
- size of 40 to 500 GT-100 euro
- larger than 500 GT-200 euro
- River ships:
- with a length of 20 m(including)-100 euro
- longer than 20 m-200 euro
A temporary certificate to sail under Bulgarian flag is issued for a period not exceeding one year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The processing time for obtaining a temporary certificate to sail under Bulgarian flag is up to 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Reason: the Merchant Shipping Code
- Competent department: "Examination, Certification and Registration of Ships and Ship-Owners in Directorates "Maritime Administration" Burgas, Varna, Lom and Ruse.
- Owners full address
- Description of the ship
- class of the ship
- financial information about the vessel
- reason for the acquisition of the vessel
Need for the Document
To a ship acquired abroad and a ship under construction in the Republic of Bulgaria, the Executive Director of Executive Agency "Maritime Administration" or an authorized by him official shall issue a temporary certificate to fly under the flag of Republic of Bulgaria.
Information which might help
The document is issued in English.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You can use the temporary certificate to obtain a permanent one when required.
More information which might help people.