Botswana - Temporary Register with Real Estate Advisory Council (REAC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In Person
- The application to register Temporary as a Professional Property Manager/Property Valuer/Real Estate Agent/Auctioneer shall be made to the Real Estate Advisory Council (REAC) office. REAC Contact and Map Location Details
- Applicants are required to collect and complete the Application Registration Form obtainable at the REAC receptionist desk or download it from the REAC website REAC Membership Application or directly download it using this link, Application Registration Form
- The duly completed application form attached to the supporting documentation as mentioned under the “Required Documents” section of this page, should be hand-delivered or sent by post to the REAC office. Any omission of the required document or information will render the registration process incomplete.
- Upon submission, the application is checked for completeness and correctness by the receiving officer, if everything is in order the applicant will be required to pay BWP 250.00 Application fee. Which is payable either by depositing it into the REAC account or can be received through the Point of Sale (POS) machine (swiping machine) at the REAC offices. Alternatively, you can pay by cheque written in favour of the REAC.
- The application will only be registered to be processed when payment of the application fee has been made, the applicant will be issued with an acknowledgment slip that proves submission of the application file and for inquiry referencing if the need arises.
- The council shall approve the applicant to be registered as a professional property manager, where it is satisfied that the applicant meets the requirements as set for the application.
- The council may request additional information relevant to the application for the purpose of ascertaining compliance by the applicant with all applicable laws and regulations. In such a case, the information must be submitted within the stipulated time from the date of notification. Where the applicant fails to submit the required information, the council shall reject the application.
- After processing, a notice of the decision (Approval, Deferral, or Rejection) for the application will be communicated to the client by the REAC office.
- If approved, the council will direct the registrar to register the applicant as a temporary member, and the temporary certificate of registration of the specific category applied for will be drawn up and made available for withdrawal by the applicant at the REAC registry office, against the applicant identification document and REAC payment/ acknowledgment receipt.
Appeal to the High Court
- Any person who is aggrieved by a decision of the Council, shall within 30 days of the date of the decision, appeal to the High Court.
- For citizens (Certified copy of Omang ID) /Non-citizens (Certified copy of Passport)
- Copy of academic qualification
- Certified copy of Real Estate Institute Of Botswana (REIB) Certificate
- Confirmation of good standing from REIB
- Copy of Professional Indemnity Cover (PI)
Office Locations & Contacts
Real Estate Advisory Council (REAC)
Physician Address: Block C,
Department of Water and Sanitation Services,
Postal Address: P.O. Box AE 178 AEH,
Telephone: +267 311 1994
Fax: +267 311 1895
Email Address: [email protected]
REAC Contact and Map Location Details
Working Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:00AM-13:00PM to 14:00PM-17:00PM. Weekends & Public Holidays: Closed
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria,
- Citizens or non-citizens are eligible to apply.
- He/she is a member of either the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or the Institute of Valuation Surveyors and Auctioneers or such other professional institution as may be approved by the Real Estate Institute of Botswana
- That he/she is a fit and proper person.
- Has presented evidence of prior learning.
- He/she intends to be present in Botswana in the capacity of a real estate professional for the purpose of carrying out specific work for which he has been engaged; and
- Immediately before entering Botswana was in practice as a registered professional at such a level as to satisfy the Council of his fitness to serve the public as a registered professional.
- Has demonstrated his competence as measured against standards as may be determined by the council for registration under that category.
- Application/Registration fee BWP250.00 (Non-refundable).
PAYMENT METHOD NOTES:
- The accepted method of payment is direct deposits into the REAC bank account or using your debit or credit card at the POS machine available at the REAC offices.
- No cash will be accepted at REAC Offices. Cheques sent to REAC by post will also not be accepted. REAC will take no responsibility for cheques lost in the post or intercepted and fraudulently banked in another party’s bank account.
- When payments are made at the Bank, an applicant must quote their full name as the reference.
- Temporary Registration Certificate as a Professional Property Manager/Property Valuer/Real Estate Agent/Auctioneer shall be valid for a period not exceeding one year or for the duration of the specified work unless suspended, revoked, or canceled by the authority.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name of Applicant/Company Name
- Postal/Residential Address of Applicant
- Identification document number
- contact details
- Academic details
- professional membership details
- practical experience details
- previous employment details
- PI cover number
- Fidelity cover number
- Category applying for.
- Declaration by the applicant
Need for the Document
- Temporary Registration Certificate as a Professional Property Manager/Property Valuer/Real Estate Agent/Auctioneer is a document that proves that the holder has been registered and certified by the Real Estate Advisory Council (REAC)
- Temporary Registering certificate shows peers, employers, and clients that one has demonstrated a commitment to professional standards and code of professional ethics, and to developing and enhancing competence.
Information which might help
- The Registered individual shall exhibit, and keep exhibited, in a prominent place on the business premises, the certificate of registration.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.