Difference between revisions of "Arcot - Permanent Vehicle (Car, Bike, Motorcycle) Registration"
(Created page with "==Procedure== <br>This procedure explains various ways to Permanent Vehicle (Car, Bike, Motorcycle) Registration in Arcot.<br><br> This procedure provides you information rel...")
Latest revision as of 05:49, 16 August 2019
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Permanent Vehicle (Car, Bike, Motorcycle) Registration in Arcot.
This procedure provides you information related to Registering a Vehicle in Tamil Nadu. Following listed are the ways through which it can be done.
- To register a vehicle in Arcot the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form Form-20. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application in Form-20 (in duplicate if it is with HP)
- Aadhaar Card
- Sales certificate in Form-21
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 from manufacturer
- Pollution under control and road worthiness certificate in Form-22 A, where body is fabricated
- Pan card or GIR or Form-60/61 of I.T. Department
- Insurance Certificate
- Proof of address (any one of the following):
- Ration Card
- Electoral Roll
- LIC Policy
- Passport size photo
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary public.
- Passport size photos 3 copies.
- Life Time Tax for Non Transport Vehicle.
- Unladen Weight Certificate for Transport Vehicle.
- Permit sanctioned proceedings for Transport Vehicle.
- Temporary Registration Certificate for temporarily registered vehicles.
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Dealer may apply on behalf of the owner of the vehicle.
- If already registered temporarily, the owner may apply for registration.
Registration Fees for Vehicles:
- Motor Cycle/Scooter/Two Wheelers - Rs 60
- LMV (Non TPT) - Rs 200
- LMV (TPT) - Rs 300
- Medium Good Vehicle - Rs 400
- Three wheelers - 1000 INR
- Medium Passenger Motor Vehicle - Rs 400
- Heavy Goods Vehicle (Stage Carriers and lorries) - 1500 INR
- Heavy Passenger Motor Vehicle - Rs 600
- Imported Motor Vehicle - Rs 800
- Imported Motor Cycle - Rs 200
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Incase of non transport vehicles like two wheelers and cars, the registration certificate is valid for 15 years from the date of first registration,and it is renewed after every five subsequent years.
Incase of transport vehicles like goods and passenger carriers the registration certificate is valid till certificate of fitness is valid.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes 5 working days to register a vehicle
Tamil Nadu - Register a Vehicle (Car, Bike)
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனத்தை பதிவுசெய்தல் (கார், பைக்)
- One have to approach local zonal office of the Transport Department for registration of private/non-commercial vehicles.
- There are self registering dealers who have also been given the registration powers,delivers the vehicles after registration.
- After allocation of registration numbers, fee receipt is given to the applicant on the same day and above documents are kept by the zonal office.
- The registration fee receipt can be retained as proof of having made an application for registration.
- Medical Certificate
An applicant for the grant of a non-transport vehicle driving licence under the age of 50 years does not require a medical certificate. However, those applicants who are over 50 years of age must produce a medical certificate in Form No.1A. All applicants for the grant of driving licence to drive a transport vehicle are required to produce a medical certificate.
- Full name of person to be registered as Registered owner
- Date of Birth
- Permanent Address
- Temporary Address / Official Address
- Duration of stay at the present address
- Annual income
- Name and address of the Dealer or Manufacturer from whom the vehicle was purchased
- Particulars of Vehicle
- Class of vehicle
- The motor vehicle is
- A new vehicle
- Ex-army vehicle
- Imported vehicle
- Type of body
- Type of vehicle
- Maker's Name
- Month and Year of manufacture
- Number of cylinders
- Horse power
- Cubic capacity
- Maker's classification if not known, wheel base
- Chassis No. (Affix Pencil print)
- Engine Number or Motor Number in case of Battery Operated Vehicles.
- Seating capacity (including driver)
- Fuel used in the engine
Need for the Document
All the vehicles need to be registered as per the Motor Vehicle Act,1988 . The vehicles are provided with unique registration number. Once the vehicle is registered, a certificate is issued to the owner. The registration certificate is used as a proof for authorised owner of the vehicle.
Information which might help
While driving you have to keep the original R.C. Book, Insurence of your Byke, Tax Token, Polution Certificate with your Vehicle. On Road, the Motor vehicle Inspector ask you for all these papers. Those papers should not be expired.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Arcot can be listed here.