Difference between revisions of "Arcot - Pay Property Tax"
(Created page with "==Procedure== <br>This procedure explains various ways to Pay Property Tax in Arcot.<br><br> <br> #Property tax can be paid both Online as well as offline method #The due dat...")
Latest revision as of 05:24, 16 August 2019
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Pay Property Tax in Arcot.
- Property tax can be paid both Online as well as offline method
- The due dates for payment of property tax are generally March 31 and September 31 every year. In the event that payment has been delayed, Corporation charges a 1% penalty each month on the sum not paid.
- Half Yearly Tax is calculated as per the below formula:
- Half Yearly Tax = Base Street Rate (BSR) x Area of the Building x 135.40 (Factor)
- Half Yearly Tax = Base Street Rate (BSR) x Area of the Building x 135.40 (Factor)
- Applicant shall make payment of property tax at the
- Respective office of the revenue officer,
- Tax collectors
- Authorised banks (Indian Overseas bank, City Union bank, Karur Vysya bank, HDFC, IDBI, Canara bank, Tamilnadu Mercantile bank, Kotak Mahindra bank, Lakshmi vilas bank, Yes bank and Indusland bank)
- E-seva centres
- Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable Television Corporation (TACTC)
- Please use the following link for respective revenue offices contact : Contact link
- Residents or property owners will get the property tax invoice for the payment term
- Based on the amount mentioned in the tax invoice, tax payer has to make payment by either cheque / DD in favour of “The Revenue Officer, Corporation of Chennai” (Please use respective name of the place for which the tax invoice is generated)
- e.g: For Salem, Please use “The Revenue Officer, Corporation of Salem” In place of : “The Revenue Officer, Corporation of Chennai”
- Cash is also accepted at Banks and E-Seva centres
- Payment of tax is accepted with proper challan as advised at the venues(revenue office / Bank / TACTC /E-Seva)
- Once the payment is made at the respective counter along with tax invoice, a receipt will be given to the tax payer for the payment. This receipt is the proof for the payment.
- In order to pay property tax through the online portal in Arcot for the respective district, please use this link: For Online portal
- In the given page please select “Online Civic Services” and click on “Property Tax” tab to get the next page.
- Please select “Property Tax Online Payment” option for reaching “Online Property Tax Payment” window.
- Please enter the details as prompted and hit “Submit” to get the details of payment dues, current payment period and amount.
- Please make payment using the payment gateway by debit / credit / net banking option.
- Once the payment process is over, please save or print the acknowledgement for future reference
Apply through e-Service centers or Common Service Centers (CSC):
- You can approach the E-Seva centers or the CSC centers for availing this service.
- You can find the e-service centers in the municipality office or Thaasildhaar office in your area.
- You can also find the e-service centers by providing appropriate information under the following link : CSC finder link
- Please submit your tax invoice to the operator.
- Operator will do online process and accepts the payment to issue the receipt for property tax paid.
Following listed places has online facility to pay property tax and listed in our page:
- Alandur :online portal to pay property tax
- Ambattur :online portal to pay property tax
- Ambur :online portal to pay property tax
- Avadi :online portal to pay property tax
- Avaniapuram :online portal to pay property tax
- Chennai :online portal to pay property tax
- Coimbatore :online portal to pay property tax
- Cuddalore :online portal to pay property tax
- Dindigul :online portal to pay property tax
- Erode :online portal to pay property tax
- Gudiyatham :online portal to pay property tax
- Hosur :online portal to pay property tax
- Kadayanallur :online portal to pay property tax
- Kancheepuram (City) :online portal to pay property tax
- Karaikudi :online portal to pay property tax
- Kovilpatti :online portal to pay property tax
- Kumbakonam :online portal to pay property tax
- Kuniyamuthur :online portal to pay property tax
- Kurichi :online portal to pay property tax
- Madhavaram :online portal to pay property tax
- Madurai :online portal to pay property tax
- Nagapattinam :online portal to pay property tax
- Nagercoil :online portal to pay property tax
- Pallavapuram (Pallavaram) :online portal to pay property tax
- Paramakudi :online portal to pay property tax
- Pollachi :online portal to pay property tax
- Pudukkottai :online portal to pay property tax
- Rajapalayam :online portal to pay property tax
- Salem :online portal to pay property tax
- Tambaram :online portal to pay property tax
- Thanjavur :online portal to pay property tax
- Theni Allinagaram :online portal to pay property tax
- Thiruvannamalai :online portal to pay property tax
- Thoothukudi :online portal to pay property tax
- Tiruchengode :online portal to pay property tax
- Tirunelveli :online portal to pay property tax
- Tiruppur :online portal to pay property tax
- Tiruvottiyur :online portal to pay property tax
- Trichy :online portal to pay property tax
- Vaniyambadi :online portal to pay property tax
- Vellore :online portal to pay property tax
- Villupuram :online portal to pay property tax
In addition to the above places resident can make property tax online as per the following link. This link has list of municipal corporation in Tamil nadu
- You will require the following details….
- You will require the property tax invoice to pay the amount.
- Owner Name
- Address of the property
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
- Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, Kannappar Thidal,
Periyamet, Chennai - 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 25383962
Contact Link: Contact link
- You should be an Indian citizen and of age 18 years.
- Should own land or property in your name
- The property tax amount is calculated based on the residential area. So, it varies from one property type to other.
- Property tax for a building is calculated based on
- Basement area
- The rate prevalent in the street where the property is located
- Usage of the building (residential or non-residential access)
- Type of occupancy (owner or tenant)
- The total span of the building’s existence.
The property tax paid is valid for one year. Every year, you should renew it. (In certain place the tax will be collected for six months too)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Payment of tax will be completed as and when it is paid to the respective department.
Tamil Nadu - Pay Property Tax
தமிழ்நாடு - சொத்து வரி செலுத்துதல்
Tamilnadu - Pay Property Tax
தமிழ்நாடு - சொத்து வரி செலுத்துதல்
Do you own any property like flat, land, independent house etc in Chennai,if yes it is your prime duty to pay property tax in time and to avoid large queues and to utilize valuable time, here is the process of paying property tax online in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Chennai Municipal Corporation provides one of the very important facility to pay property tax online. You can even know your zone and division, property tax status, your bill no. and finally you can pay your property tax online and get the bill sitting in your house. There is also a facility for walkin bank payment for which several banks are registered with Chennai Municipal Corporation.
- How to pay property tax online in Chennai, Tamil Nadu
To pay property tax online in Chennai, Arcot first log on official site of Chennai Municipal Corporation that is http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/editPropertytaxpayment.do?do=getNewCombo. Select your zone no. and division code. There are 15 zones in Chennai. Put your bill no and sub no and submit. You will land up with different banks from which you can pay your property tax through debit card, credit card or online banking. If you are not aware of your zone and division, neither you know your bill no or you want to know the status of your payment. Chennai corporation provides the facility to know everything online.
- How to know zone and division to pay property tax in Chennai
Just login to the webpage http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/findzone/frm_findzone.jsp insert your area, location and street name and click on search, you will find the zone and division no of your proerty in Chennai.
- How to search new bill number of Chennai property online
Go to page http://www.chennaicorporation.gov.in/online-civic-services/ptbillSearch.do?do=getOldLoad, select division and zone and put your old bill and sub no. You will get the new property number, this will even reveal the status of your property tax and if you have submitted online you will get the reciept.
The property tax particular is required to pay the property tax.
- Area Code (Expects 2 Digits Numeric Value )
- Division Number ( Expects 3 Digits Numeric Value)
- CMC((Chennai Metropolitan charge) Bill Number (Expects 10 Digits divided value, 4 Digit(Bill Number) & 6 Digit(Sub No)
Need for the Document
- Property tax or 'house tax' is a local tax imposed on owners of an apartment, land and building by the Government. The governing authority of the jurisdiction levies the tax to the owner in which the property is located.
- The tax base is the annual rental value (ARV) or area-based rating. Owner-occupied and other properties not producing rent are assessed on cost and then converted into ARV by applying a percentage of cost - usually six percent.
- Vacant land is generally exempt. Central government properties are exempt. Instead a 'service charge' is permissible under executive order. Properties of foreign missions also enjoy tax exemption without an insistence for reciprocity.
- The tax is usually accompanied by a number of service taxes, e.g., water tax, drainage tax, conservancy (sanitation) tax, lighting tax, all using the same tax base. The rate structure is flat on rural (panchayat) properties, but in the urban (municipal) areas it is mildly progressive with about 80% of assessments falling in the first two slabs
- Property tax clearance is required for most of other service like Water, Sanitary, Electricity connection etc.
- Tax Exemption is applicable for selected citizens / organizations (Educational Institutions, Charitable institutions, Ex-serviceman / In-service man, retired pensioners association, NGO Homes/Teachers Association Buildings) as applicable.
Information which might help
- All residential and commercial (non-residential) properties are assessed for tax.
- The information about all the new constructions, existing construction and improvements to the property must be provided to the respective Department of the state to make necessary changes to tax assessment.
- If there is any problem or any issues in On-line Payment of property tax, you can call at phone no 044- 25619258.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
This document is used to verify if you have any dues before you apply for another property.
More information which might help to make this process in Arcot can be obtained below.
;Advantages of online property tax payment in Chennai
- The property tax payment online method is a hassle free process which does not consume a lot of time.
- It is a secure process for the users to make their transactions online.
- The Chennai Corporation tax online payment has launched their official website, giving all the instructions on how to pay property tax online.
- Users can also avail discounts by filing their property taxes before time online.
- The forms are available online for the payment of the tax.
- Once the user pays the bill online, he/she gets a receipt stating that they have paid the tax online along with other details. *This will help them to keep a check on their bills.
- The user can make the payment either by credit/debit cards or other online banking services. Also people having a credit card from any other bank can avail this service and a drop box facility is provided in other banks.
- The payment methods are mostly supported by SBI, ICICI and HDFC banks.
- In order to allow the user to pay on time, the Chennai Government website also mentions the due date of the property tax payment. *You can go directly to the websi