Vellore - Request to Replace or New Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy Meter)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Request to Replace or New Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy Meter) in Vellore.
- The electricity meter that is fixed for recording electricity consumption may be from the respective electricity board for your area.
- If the meter is faulty/damaged or not functioning, then consumer should immediately report to the concerned electricity billing /sub division office as applicable and get it repaired/replaced/get new meter. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to make sure the safety of meters.
- Go to the local “Tamil Nadu Electricity Board” (TNEB) electricity office to register complaint about the faulty electricity meter.
- Link for contact details of respective office: online link
- Please go to your respective office. Meet the executive who is meant for taking complaints.
- Follow their guidelines to record your complaint.
- Applicant will be provided with acknowledgement for the received complaint. Keep it safe for further requirement.
- This request will be processed by the respective authority.
- A technician will visit the premises as per the address mentioned in the application.
- He will check the meter for the fault. If the problem is persistent, the electricity meter will be removed. This electricity meter will be sent to department lab for checking.
- Technician will give a receipt for the meter that is removed. Please keep it safe for future requirement.
- Consumer shall wait till the mentioned period to get the repaired meter or a new one based on the department’s decision.
- Please follow the department notification to get the electricity meter fixed.
- Note: Till the rectification of electricity meter, department will charge average or the last bill amount to consumers.
- Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
- Copy of card issued by electricity board
- Aadhaar card
- Note : In addition to the above mentioned documents, applicant should produce any additional document as per authorities advise
Office Locations & Contacts
TANGEDCO - Administration
10 th floor, NPKRR Maaligai,
144,Anna Salai, Chennai - 600 002
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91 044-28521118
Online customer care: +91 044-28525713
Customer care: 15533
e-mail: [email protected]
Contacts link : contact information link
- Active consumers whose electricity meter is fault/damaged are eligible
- Each state has different fees structure. So, it is advisable to pay as per authorities quote
- If the department fixes a rental meter on removal of damaged meter, consumer will be asked to pay rent for the meter till the meter is repaired or replaced.
- Please follow the mode of payment as applicable for the respective board
- If a new meter is installed, validity for the meter will be mentioned by the department otherwise validity period for the meter remains unchanged
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This process will take minimum of one moth time and will take further time with respect to the department’s schedule.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Consumer Address
- Consumer No.
- Phone number
Need for the Document
- The functioning of Electricity (EB) Meter is must for smooth bill cycle.
- If the meter is found faulty, then it needs to be notified immediately.
Information which might help
- Make sure to collect the receipt for your payments with the department.
- Always use certified products for electrical wiring.
- One should not use domestic supply for commercial purpose and there will be a heavy fine and even action against consumer is inevitable.
- Make sure the meter is not tampered.
- In most of the government related procedures, Electricity bill is considered as one of the important document for address proof. So, make sure you get bills on regular basis.
- Electricity should be consumed with responsibility. Because not only the cost counts but also this resource needs proper care to make available for our future generations
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.