Vellore - Renewal of Registration Certificate for Vehicle
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renewal of Registration Certificate for Vehicle in Vellore.
- To renew your vehicle registration certificate in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form 25. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for renewing a vehicle registration certificate by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application in Form-25
- Registration Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate
- Emission Certificate
- Valid Tax
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
- Owner of the vehicle can apply for renewal of RC.
- The owner of the Non transport vehicle should apply for renewal of Registration Certificate after Completion of 15 years from the date of original registration. The registration should be renewed prior to 60 days of the expiry of the registration.
Fees to be paid
- Invalid Carriage Rs.20/-
- Motor Cycle Rs.60/-
- Light Motor Vehicle
- i.Non Transport Vehicle Rs.200/-
- ii.Commercial Vehicle - Rs.300/-
- M.G.V. - Rs.400/-
- M.P.M.V. - Rs.400/-
- H.G.V. - Rs.600/-
- H.P.M.V. - Rs.600/-
- Imported M.V. - Rs.800/-
- Imported Motor Cycle - Rs.200/-
- Any other vehicle not mentioned above Rs.300/-
- Compounding Fee for belated application
- a) Up to 30 days Rs.40/-
- b) Up to 60 days Rs.75/-
- c) Above 60 days Rs.100/- + Service charges Rs.50/-
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
The Non-Transport Category vehicle is renewed for 5 years from the date of approval if application is approved after expiry date of registration certificate or if it submitted before the date of expiry then 5 years from the date of expiry.
For a Transport Category Vehicle the Renewal of Certificate of Fitness is itself called the renewal of registration certificate and its validity is 1 year from the date of approval or if it submitted in time i.e., before 15 days of expiry then validity is 1 year from the date of expiry.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time limit for renewal of Registration Certificate is 3 Days.
Tamil Nadu - Renewal of Registration Certificate for Vehicle
தமிழ்நாடு - வாகனத்திற்கான பதிவு சான்றிதழ் புதுப்பித்தல்
- Is your vehicle completing its 15 years of registered life, then you need to renew vehicle registration certificate before it expires.
- You need to take your vehicle to the RTO office where the registration was done earlier.
- If your vehicle is road-worthy then your vehicle registration will be renewed for another 5 years.
- To renew your vehicle, an application for the Certificate of Registration shall be made in Form 25, not more than 60 days before the date of its expiry, by paying the appropriate fee as specified in Rule 81 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, to the Registering Authority in whose Jurisdiction the vehicle is.
- Full name of the Vehicle Owner
- Registered Number
- Date of Issue
- Date of expiry
- Registering authority by which the certificate was issued / last renewed
- Present Address
- Permanent Address
- Particulars of Vehicle
Need for the Document
The owner of the Non transport vehicle can apply for renewal of Registration Certificate after Completion of 15 years from the date of original registration. The registration should be renewed prior to 60 days of the expiry of the registration.
Information which might help
While driving you have to keep the original R.C. Book, Insurance of your Bike, Tax Token, Pollution Certificate with your Vehicle. On Road, the Motor vehicle Inspector ask you for all these papers. Those papers should not be expired.
Numbering of vehicle in India is done at Regional/Sub Regional Transport Offices located in various states. Each vehicle number has prescribed format. Take an example of a vehicle number TN-75 A 9999, where 'TN' denotes state code for Tamilnadu State, '75' denotes RTOs code for Marthandam, 'A' denotes series and '9999' denotes running serial number between 1 and 9999.
- A list of RTOs in Vellore and the assigned codes for vehicle registration.
TN-01 Chennai City - Central (RTO @ Ayanavaram)
TN-02 Chennai City - North West (RTO @ Anna Nagar)
TN-03 Chennai City - North East (RTO @ Tondiarpet)
TN-04 Chennai City - East (RTO @ Royapuram)
TN-05 Chennai City - North (RTO @ Kolathur)
TN-06 Chennai City - South East (RTO @ Mandavelli)
TN-07 Chennai City - South (RTO @ Thiruvanmiyur)
TN-09 Chennai City - West (RTO @ K. K. Nagar)
TN-10 Chennai City - South West (RTO @ Virugambakkam)
TN-11 Chennai Suburban- South-2 (RTO @ Tambaram)
TN-12 Chennai Suburban- West (RTO @ Poonamallee)
TN-13 Chennai Suburban- North West (RTO @ Ambattur)
TN-14 Chennai Suburban- South East (RTO @ Sholinganallur)
TN-16 Tindivanam /Gingee
TN-18 Chennai Suburban- North (RTO @ Red Hills)
TN-19 Chengalpattu/ Madurantakam
TN-22 Chennai Suburban- South 1 (RTO @ Meenambakkam)
TN-27 Salem District (Defunct)
TN-28 Namakkal North / Rasipuram
TN-29 Dharmapuri/Palacode / Harur
TN-30 Salem West / Omalur
TN-33 Erode East
TN-37 Coimbatore South /Sulur
TN-38 Coimbatore North
TN-39 Tirupur North/Avinashi
TN-41 Pollachi /Valparai
TN-42 Tirupur South/Kangeyam
TN-45 Tiruchirapalli West / Manapparai
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.