Vellore - Renew Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renew Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep/Omni/Car) in Vellore.
- To renew a Tourist Vehicle Permit in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Make sure you have completed application form PR.A. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Application Forms
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents that has been listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Applications can also be made on-line through the following link : Online Application
- Fill the application form in the above given site ,upload required proofs, take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application in Form PR.A.
- Registration Certificate with valid fitness issued by the competent authority in original form.
- Insurance in original form.
- Original Tourist Vehicle permit
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
Owner of the vehicle is eligible to apply for tourist vehicle permit.
Rs 500/- per year for tourist permit in the form of Demand Draft drawn in favour of the Secretary (State Transport Authority).
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
- A tourist permit shall be deemed to be invalid from the date on which the motor vehicle covered by the permit completes 9 years in the case of a motor cab and 8 years where the motor vehicle is other than a motor cab, unless the motor vehicle is replaced;
- Where a vehicle covered by a tourist pennit is proposed to be replaced by another, the latter vehicle shall not be more than two years old on the date of such replacement.
NOTE: For the purposes of this sub-rule, the period of [9 years or 8 years] shall be computed from the date of initial registration of the motor vehicle.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Time limit for service to be rendered is 5 Days
Tamil Nadu - Renew Tourist Vehicle Permit (Jeep Omni Car)
தமிழ்நாடு - சுற்றுலா வாகன அனுமதியை புதுப்பித்தல் (ஜீப் ஓம்னி கார்)
Vehicle of the owner or the permit holder can apply for renewal of Tourist Vehicle Permit to the Regional Transport Officer or State Transport Authority.
- Name of the Permit holder
- Full Address
- Registering marks of the vehicle(s) covered by the permit
- Number of the permit and date of issue
- Date of expiry
- Route(s) Area for which the permit is valid
- Period for which renewal if desired
Need for the Document
Central Motor Vehicle Rules of 1989, Tourist Vehicle Permit are granted to owners whose vehicles are used for tourism purposes. The vehicle permit should be renewed when it has expired or about to expire.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Regional Transport Officer / State Transport Authority between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.