Vellore - Renew Driver License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Renew Driver License in Vellore.
- To renew your driver license in Vellore the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to. Following link can provide you information related to the list of RTO office : RTO Office List
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Following application forms are required Form-9, Form-1a, Form-MCC. Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for the license by verifying the appropriate application form. The requirements will be listed out in the application forms..
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with required documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
Apply online - Vellore Renew Driver License online with Images
- First one has to make sure that all the required documents are in hand to apply online.
- In order to apply for online, please follow the link : online portal
- Please select "Online Services" from the menu and click on "Driver License Related Services".
- You will be taken to a new screen where you have to select “Tamil Nadu” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”.
- In the next window, please click “Apply Online” to select “Service on Driving License” option. In the following screen select the state West Bengal from the drop down menu and please hit “Continue” to get the next screen.
- Please select and enter appropriate option prompted for and click “proceed” to get the new page. This new page will prompt to enter details and also need to upload the required documents. Once completed, click “submit” at the bottom of the form to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement and go to nearest RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application as per how the apply in person will be processed
- You can take printout of online application form with the help of the link: application link
- Select “Tamil Nadu” in the drop down menu against “Please select the State from where the service is to be taken”
- In the next window, please click “Download Forms” to select “Print application form” option
- Please enter your application number and other detail in the next window and hit ”Submit” to follow the next window to get the printout.
- You can book appointment with RTO using the following link online appointment link
- Please click “Appointment (Slot Booking)” to select “Driving skill Test” option. In the new window select appropriate option and hit submit to process your request to book appointment.
Application forms can be downloaded from the following link : Application Forms
- Application form (Form 9)
- Application cum Declaration as to physical fitness Form-1a
- Medical certificate Form - MCC
- Original Driving License
- Elcot form - available at the RTO
- Four copies of recent passport photographs.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Ezhilagam, Chepauk, Chennai - 600 005.
Tamil Nadu State - Transport Department Contacts: RTO Office List
- Valid driver license which has at least 30 days validity.
Renewal of Driving License - 200 INR
Renewal of Driving License after grace period - 300 INR
Fees related information can be obtained from the following link : Fee information
Licence to drive a Non-Transport Vehicle is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until the holder attains the age of 50 years, whichever is earlier. After that, the Licence is renewed every 5 years. Transport Vehicle Licence is valid for a period of 3 years from the date of issue or renewal.
Documents to Use
- Application for the Renewal of Driving License - Form9
- Application in Form-1a (1a if the applicant is above 50 years)
- Application cum Declaration as to the Physical Fitness in Form 1
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
You may get your renewed driver license on the same day or within a week time.
Tamil Nadu - Renew Motor Vehicle Driver License from Another State
தமிழ்நாடு - பிற மாநிலத்திலிருந்து மோட்டார் வாகன டிரைவர் உரிமம் புதுப்பிக்க
- You may apply to renew your driver license to Regional Transport Officer/ Motor Vehicle Inspector Grade I. You need to determine which RTO is applicable for your current address. Call an RTO for guidance or see http://www.tn.gov.in/sta/contacts-r.htm
- The driving License is renewed with effect from the date of its expiry when the application is made before its expiry or within thirty days grace period.
- The driving License is renewed with effect from the date of renewal when the application is made after the grace period.
- The driving License cannot be renewed after the period of five years when it has ceased to be effective.
- Note that if your original driving license was issued at an RTO other than the one where you are currently renewing your license, you need to obtain an NOC (also called Genuineness certificate or Driving License Master Register) from the issuing RTO.
- Details about Applicant
- Full name
- Father's Name
- Permanent Address / Temporary Address
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Education Qualification
- Identification Marks
- Blood Group
- Details about License
- Date of Issue
- Licensing Authority by which the licence was issued
- Licensing Authority by which the licence was last renewed
- Number and date of renewal
- Date of expiry of licence
- Present Address
Need for the Document
A driver's license is an important license that allows any person to drive a vehicle in public. It must therefore be updated when needed and renewed when it has expired or about to expire.
Information which might help
The upper limit age for renewing driver license in Vellore is 75.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The Driving license serves as official identification, personal identification and for other legal purposes.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.