Vellore - Register for Seed Producing Firm Or Seed Processing Unit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register for Seed Producing Firm Or Seed Processing Unit in Vellore.
- A seed producing/processing firm can be started by a person, group of persons, firm or organisation to grow or organize the production of seeds.
- Any individual, who is having their own agriculture land and is undertaking own production of seed, as per requirements of seed production. They should apply with the respective state seed certification department.
- The state license issuing authority is “Department of Seed Certification”.
- Applicant should go to their respective office to apply.
- Link for contact details: link
- Please collect the appropriate application form as per officer’s advice or write on a A4 sheet.
- Link for application form : link please use the form at page number 10.
- Submit the completed application, registration fees deposited challan along with required documents as mentioned in our required documents session.
- After accepting the application, officials will check the documents.
- If all are in place, authority will issue a receipt for the accepted application.
- The submitted application will be processed by the department. The submitted documents will be subjected for Scrutiny.
- Seed Certification Officer (SCO) will inspect the premises and will do verification as per norms.
- Verification of seed source, class and other requirements of the seed used for raising the seed crop will be processed.
- Field inspections to verify conformity to the prescribed field standards will be done.
- Supervision of post-harvest stages including processing and packaging will be made.
- With the report from Seed Certification Officer (SCO) this application will be subjected for final approval.
- Once the license is prepared with sign and seal of the respective authority, applicant gets intimation to collect the License.
- On the said date, applicant can collect the license or it will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- Processing unit has to be set up within one month from the date of issue of registration
- Monthly progress report on Seed Processing & Certification is to be submitted on 1st week of every month
- GST details
- Application form.
- Company Letter head
- Rubber stamp in the company name
- Permanent Resident Certificate
- SSI provisional registration
- Qualification Certificate
- Seed Storage & Processing Unit/Plant details with map
- A copy of approved layout plan.
- Permanent account number (PAN)
- List of Lab equipment's
- Registration fees deposited challan
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the State Pollution Control Board.
- Details of seeds handled
- Identity Proof (Voter ID, Adhar card, Pan Card)
- Address proof
- Location Map
- Authorization from company if any.
- Document of the establishment premises and address proof
- Affidavit on stamp paper. (value as mentioned by department officials.)
- Establishment certificate
- Photo attested by Gazetted officer/notary
- Aadhaar Card
- Additional documents (If Any)
Office Locations & Contacts
- Since the process consists of crop cultivation and processing activity, the plant should be located inside/near the farm wherein crop is cultivated
- Having their own agriculture land and is undertaking own production of seed
- Proper conversion of land (agriculture to industrial) as per state government regulation
- Other criteria as advised by department.
As quoted by authorities.
- Valid for one year.
- This certificate must be renewed before the expiry of the validity period with a renewal fee as prescribed by the state authority from time to time.
- Violation of aforesaid terms and conditions by the registered organisation/Institution will lead to cancellation of this registration by respective department at any stage before the expiry of the validity period.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
The whole process of issuing the licence is within 30 (working) days from the date of application received by the licence issuing authority
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full Name and Address of the applicant
- Full particulars of the names of seeds to be handled
- Mobile number
- e-mail ID
Need for the Document
- Seed Processing is refining post-harvested seed to its purest form for replanting purposes and human/animal consumption.
- This involves taking the cleaned seed and coating them with a chemical, usually antimicrobial or fungicidal, to make them more robust for the field.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.