Vellore - Register as Dog Breeder (License Or Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register as Dog Breeder (License Or Permit) in Vellore.
- All persons wishing to breed dogs for commercial gain should register themselves with the concerned State Animal Welfare Board – “Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service” is the board concerned.
Clearance from local authorities
- Applicant should apply with the local authority (Local Planning, Civic and Health Authority regulations) to get license for the premises where the breeding establishment is proposed.
- Go to the local authority for your area.
- Link for contact details : Panchayat AND Rural development please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2 please “Who’s who” option on the left part of the screen.
- Obtain the application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Submit the completed application form along with required documents as mentioned in our required documents section.
- Authorities will check the application and attached documents. If all are in place, application will be accepted. Applicant will be asked to pay the prescribed fee.
- Applicant will be provided with an acknowledgement for the submission of application. Please keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed internally.
- On a scheduled date a team of designated authorities will Inspect the premises.
- The Veterinary Surgeon of the breeder will forward a detailed inspection report of breeding establishment.
- Based on the outcome the license for the premises will be issued.
- This information will be shared or passed on to the respective board by the local authorities.
- With license issued from the local authorities, applicant shall approach the respective board for registering.
- Applicant shall mail their application addressed to the secretary or the designated authority.
- Link for contact details: contact link please refer from page 11.
- Go to the respective office. Obtain the application form or write on an A4 sheet.
- Link for application form : Application
- Complete the application form. Attach required documents as per our required document section. Submit with required fees.
- Authorities will check the submitted application. If all are in place, the application will be accepted.
- Applicant will get an acknowledgement for submission of application. Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- An inspector from AWBI may also inspect the premises, animals and records.
- Applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification and guidelines from the department to get the registration certificate.
- A license from the Local Authority shall be a pre-requisite to the registration of the applicant with the Board.
- It is advised to submit another set of copy of the documents and get counter signed for your safety while applying with government department.
- Visit your nearest dog breeder in your area and consult with them for any latest update and requirements.
- Application form
- Residential proof
- Identity proof
- Envelop with complete mailing (postal) address
- Veterinary certificate of good practice in respect of canine breeding activity issued by veterinary surgeon*Structure stability certificate
- Details of accommodation/infrastructure available at proposed pet shop premises
- Details of working hours and rest day
- Ventilation arrangement
- Lighting arrangement
- Cooling or heating arrangement and how comfortable the temperature will be maintained
- Arrangements for food storage
- Arrangement for disposal of animals that die
- Arrangement for the provision of medical and veterinary attention
- Details of animals
- Details of cheque /demand draft number for payment of a fee
- Premises ownership proof
- Registration of shop
- Rental agreement in case of tenant
- Site and Key plan
- Self affidavit
- Indemnity bond
- Electricity bill copy
- Passport size photo (latest)
- Aadhaar Card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Service
DMS Complex, 3rd Floor Block 2,
Chennai - 600018
Phone : 044 - 24321070, 24321614
Fax : 044 - 24323784
Contact Link: link1
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information: link1 AND link2 please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2
If an individual applies then…
- A major (aged 18 or above)
- Of Sound Mind
- Not disqualified by law from entering into a contract
In case person refers to association/corporation/company, such association/corporation/company shall be duly registered with the law.
- Applicant has to pay fees while applying. In addition, if there are other fees required to be paid, please pay as per requirement.
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- License from local authority is valid for one year and need to be renewed annually.
- Registration from board is valid for one year and need to be renewed annually.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 45 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Dog breeding registration can be denied
- if there is deliberate misstatement in the application
- minimum space requirements are not followed
- Make sure to take all original along with copy while applying in person.
- Applicable fees
- Name of the breeding unit if any
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Mobile number
- email ID
- Micro chip Number if any
- Date of last rabies vaccination
Need for the Document
- To establish and operate a dog breeding business one has to register and obtain a license.
- This registration is must in order to regulate the welfare of animals kept in breeding premises.
Information which might help
- Dog breeding unit owners are advised to take precaution in order to avoid untimely deaths and spread of contagious diseases.
- Keep record of the staff and health of all the animals.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.