Vellore - Register a Land or Property
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the sub-Registrar's office under which the property situated. An application for the transfer of Registry, in Form XXXV-I, will have to be given to the Sub-Registrar. This form shall be signed by both the seller and the buyer.
- Registrar will get the signature of the seller as well as buyer on the registry after checking the original ID proof of the respective applicants ( all those who have legal rights are to be signed). Stamp duty details are checked
- The seal and signature on the rear of the registration document by the registrar will be made.
- These forms will be forwarded by the Sub-Registrar to the Thaasildhaar for initiating changes to be done in the Taluk Registers.
- Online process can be initiated with the link below : online link
- Please select registration (padivu seidal) sub option and find the asset registration (Aavana padivu) option to furnish all the details.
- Stamp duty number and date of purchase is required
- Upload all the documents required as per the page
- After completing the online filing, a print out of completed application form and acknowledgement can be downloaded
- Based on the scheduled date one can go to the registration office to get the registration completed
- Encumbrance Certificate
- The property/land document
- Form XXXV-I
- A proof of payment of stamp duty should also be presented to the sub-registrar along with the property card
- Proof of Identity of both seller and buyer and also the witness
- PAN CARD
- power of attorney (If an real agent or an individual in between seller and buyer)
- Aadhar card
Office Locations & Contacts
No: 100, Santhome high road,
Chennai - 600028
Telephone : 044 – 24640160 / Fax : 044-24642774
E-mail : [email protected]
STAMP SALES COUNTER
DEPUTY INSPECTOR GENERAL OF REGISTRATION
27,RAJAJI SALAI, CHENNAI 600001
PHONE : 044-25226547
Sub registrar office details : link for office
- The registration of land-related documents and immovable properties is to be done in the Registrar's Offices by the Sub-Registrar.
- Documents relating to properties situated in Tamil Nadu shall be registered in Tamil Nadu only, at the following offices:
- In the Sub-Registrar's office under which the property situated comes or in the District Registrar's office of that Registration District.
- The Encumbrance Certificate relating to any piece of land can be obtained from the Sub-Registrar's Office.
- The Ownership Certificate (Record of Right) for the land will have to be applied for and taken from the corresponding Taluk Office.
Those who has land in their name Those who are legal heirs of the deceased land owner Authorized signatory / power of attorney
- Registration fees and stamp duty are not same in all states of India
- The stamp duty is established on the agreement value or the market value and may vary from property to property and place to place
- If the purchaser happens to be a female, there is a rebate given in the registration fees and stamp duty charges.
- EC fees, Document preparation charges are other charges incurred
This registration is valid till the land is sold to someone
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Registration process at registrar office concludes on same day (If there was any inevitable situation it may happen on the next working day)
- Preparation of document and stamp duty ( exempted )
Tamil Nadu – Register A Land Or Property
தமிழ்நாடு - ஒரு நிலம் அல்லது சொத்து பதிவு செய்தல்
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The land registration process in India is governed by ‘Section 17’ under the Registration Act, 1908, applicable to whole of India except the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Registration of land is an important document to ascertain the title of the property
- Land or property registration refers to the registration of the document, changes in ownership and other transaction involving immovable property.
- Whenever you purchase a land, it is imperative to get it registered with the concerned authority to ensure legal ownership and a title is guaranteed.
- This helps in reducing the risks related to frauds and assist in solving disputes with ease, in addition to creation and maintenance of an up-to-date public record.
Information which might help
- In any case, if there is a deficit in the stamp duty , the sub-registrar has all the rights to reject your registration procedure and registration documents.
- Your original ID is required on the date of registration for verification of authenticity and will be returned on the same day
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Sub registrar office details : registrar office link
For online process : link for online process
More information which might help people.