Vellore - Register Pet Dog
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Register Pet Dog in Vellore.
- Applicant shall approach their respective civic agencies (municipal/corporation/local body) of their respective area to obtain license for pet dogs.
- Link for contact details : Panchayat AND Rural development, please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2 please select “Who’s who” menu from the left part of the page.
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority at the office. Applicant shall get the advice from the authority to be followed in order to register.
- Collect the applicable application form or write on a plain A4 paper as per advice.
- Submit the completed application form along with required document as per our page.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and announce the fees / charges. Please pay and get the receipt.
- This application will be processed further.
- Once all the process are over and the license is ready, applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification to get the license.
- It is advised to submit another set of copy of the documents and get counter signed for your safety while applying with government department..
- Visit your known pet owner in your area and consult with them for any latest update and requirements.
- Application form
- Residential proof
- Passport size photo of dog 3 copies ( latest )
- Photostat copy of vaccination card (vaccinated duly against Rabies disease )
- Aadhaar Card
- Certificate from a veterinary doctor that the pet has been sterilized and inoculated for rabies
- Undertaking from applicant as applicable
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information:link1 AND link2 please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2
- Those who wanted to bring home a pet dog are eligible to apply.
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply
- Vaccination against Rabies is pre-requisite to obtain dog-license which is in interest of Public and animal Health.
- Usually not more than 2 dogs per family are allowed
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- Rs.50/- registration fee
- For one year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Processed within maximum of 6 working days after acceptance of proper documents and necessary fees applicable.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M%22 Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Pet owners should follow regular pet vaccination as per veterinary doctor advice.
- Get the details about approved breeds list from the municipal body for apartments.
- Applicable fees
- Name of the pet
- Age of the pet dog
- Sex of the pet dog
- Copy of vaccination card should indicate full name of owner, address and cell / contact number, name of the Doctor or organization / clinic of Doctor vaccinated the Pet animals. Also details of the vaccine like date of vaccination, name of vaccine , batch no and expiry date of vaccine and due date for same vaccination should be indicated.
- Pet breed information
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Mobile number
- email ID
Need for the Document
- As per the civic authorities of your local body, any individual who wanted to bring home a pet dog then it must be registered as per the norms.
- The main motive to get a pet registered is to take preventive action on rabies and leptospirosis.
Information which might help
- Dog- Badge is not issued along with License .
- Photo of pet animal is attached on license, vaccination card and one photo retained with office as office copy.
- Any registered dog is found straying shall be liable to be seized and kept at a place set for this purpose
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.