Vellore - Obtain a Solvency Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Obtain a Solvency Certificate in Vellore.
- Applicant shall apply for solvency certificate through state Revenue Department. Through bank also we can obtain this certificate.
- This application should be made through thasildhar or the concerned competent authority for your Panchayat / Block / Circle / thasil / municipal limit.
- Link for contact details : link for district Select district option from the left part of the screen. In the given page please select the name of the district to reach respective district page. Here select the hyperlink for respective portal. In the district portal please select “DIRECTORY>PUBLIC UTILITIES>Municipalities “ or “DIRECTORY >Contact Directory” or “ABOUT DISTRICT>ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP> Revenue Administration” option for contact details.
- Please go to the respective office. Consult with the authorities for any updated requirements.
- Applicant shall obtain the application form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
- The application for solvency certificate should be affixed with a court stamp fee as appropriate.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents as per our required document section.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and application submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Respective authorities will do the ground level verification followed by scrutiny of the documents, movable and immovable property details provided by the applicant.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority to decide the issue of Certificate to the applicant.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be issued as per applicable norms.
Apply Online - e-Sevai Services for Citizen
- Use the following link to e-sevai portal to apply income certificate. Link: link
- In the given page, please login using the credentials under sign in on the right part of the screen and hit “login”.
- If new user, then select “Signup here” under login to register and then apply.
- Once login is successful, applicant shall select Services on the left panel.
- Please select “Revenue Department” and select Solvency certificate to get the desired page for filing application.
- Applicant shall fill the details as per prompts. Upload required documents and make payment as applicable.
- Once all the above steps are over use the applicable button to submit the application online.
- Applicant will get a system generated acknowledgement for submission of application. Save it for future reference.
- This application will be processed by the respective department as per how it will be processed in person to issue the certificate.
- Applicant has to bring original documents for verification and scanning if required.
- Without cross signature on photograph and signature on undertaking the application will be rejected
- Based on value for which the solvency certificate is applied, application will be sent for approval with respective Sub Division Office /Deputy collector/Deputy commissioner/District Collector.
- Application form.
- Proof of address
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Date of birth
- Solvency proof of the applicant
- Bank statement (savings/current) from the branch letter head
- Property document
- Residence certificate
- Income tax returns
- Recent Form F /Land Revenue Receipt
- Audited financial statements (companies/partnership firms)
- Any other investment certificate
- Encumbrance certificate on the property in original obtained from the Sub-Registrar’s office for 13 years.
- Latest Guideline value statement (to determine the value of the land)
- Liability amount certificate
- Mortgage certificate
- Property Tax receipt or Land Revenue Receipt
- Chitta or Patta
- Building value
- Lease agreement
- Affidavit to prove the facts of the application are correct.
- Self-declaration of applicant
- Passport size photographs
- Ration card
- Aadhaar Card
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Collectorate of Chennai,
Singaravelar Maaligai, 62, Rajaji Salai,
Chennai 600 001
Ph : 04425228025,25234403
Link for contact information: Link
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
- Prospective Contractors and Their Guarantors (Central, State Government or Local Bodies)
- Individuals from whom a solvency certificate is required under the rules of any department (Central or State Government).
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed (If applicable)
- Service charge Rs.60
- Valid for six months from the date of issue or as mentioned on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Usually 15 days (this certificate can be obtained in less than the mentioned days in requirement of any urgency).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Solvency certificate should not be issued on the basis of assets which cannot be attached / sold.
- If the application is rejected, the reasons for rejection will be specified to the applicant.
- Name of applicant
- Name of father
Need for the Document
- A solvency certificate is a proof for the financial credibility of the person for whom the certificate is issued.
- Solvency certificate is necessary for getting contracts and for participating in an auction or tenders.
- Various Government and semi-Government offices require solvency certificate as a document of surety.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent certificate of details for obtaining this certificate. This will lead to punishment.
- Always check your name spelling while applying.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.