Vellore - Obtain Legal Heir Certificate (Succession Certificate)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You can obtain a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through your Taluk / Thasildhar office in your area.
- Get application filled in and submit to Taluk office and enter Date Stamp and Signature.
- Get the Application validated by Revenue Inspector.
- You will have to fill in contact information of 5 or 10 people in your area who can be verified later for correctness.
- After, completing the application form you will have to go to the Village Administrators Office and physically present all the LEgal heirs and sign the Application in presence of VAO. VAO will endorse the correctness of the Legal Heirs and affix his office Seal and signature.
- Submit the VAO signed Application to Revenue Inspector. Revenue Inspector will visit your house and verify the address and Legal heirs, after which the certificate will be provided.
Note : (Documents required all Address and Identity proof of all the Legal heirs and Notary signed affidavit to declare that the parents of the deceased ( Father and Mother of person dead ) if already dead.
- Death certificate of the Deceased Person
- Identity Card/Aadhaar Card of the Applicant and Co-heirs
- Ration card/Smart Card of Deceased, Heirs
- Prescribed application form (Nowadays online filling at Thaluk/Thasildar office)
- Death Certificate of Deceased Person's Parents
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Taluk / Thasildhar Office or through the District Civil Court of your area.
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for legal heir-ship certificate
Stamp of Re.2/-
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Tamil Nadu - Obtain Legal Heir Certificate (Succession Certificate) - In English
தமிழ்நாடு - சட்ட வாரிசு சான்றிதழ் பெறுதல் (வாரிசு சான்றிதழ்) - தமிழ்
- A legal heir certificate is issued by the government for those individuals whose parent/husband is dead without leaving a will.
- To establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
- In legal succession cases to get succession certificate to establish the relationship
- To get employments for example compassionate appointments.
- Approach the District Thasildar office with the death certificate and produce the form.
- All required documents to be submit while lodging the application.
- It will take around a month to process all the necessary information and receive the certificate.
- Deceased name
- Family member Names and Relationship
- Applicant Signature
- Date of Application
- Residential Address
Need for the Document
If the head or a member of the family expires, the next direct legal heir of the deceased such as the wife or husband or son or daughter or mother may apply for legal-heirship certificate \ Succession Certificate on application for the purpose of transferring Electricity connection, House Tax, Telephone connection/patta transfer, Bank Account, etc. If the person who died is a Government servant, legal heir certificate is issued for sanction of family pension, and for getting appointment on compassionate grounds. Legal Heir is also provided for various other reasons as-well.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Legal Heir Certificate can be used to establish relationship for claims relating to Insurance, pension, retirement benefits or service benefits of central and state government departments, Government undertakings etc.
India.gov.in - Obtain Legal Heirship Certificate: Tamil Nadu http://www.indiamike.com/india/india-expat-area-f84/getting-a-single-status-certificate-bangalore-t67445/
Form Details for: Application for Legal Heir Certificate http://india.gov.in/forms20.php?id=8564&statename1=Orissa&title=Application%20for%20Legal%20Heir%20Certificate&download=1&cs_r=&mod=fo
IndiaStudyChannel.com How to get a legal Heirship certificate http://www.indiastudychannel.com/experts/13637-How-get-legalheirship-certificate.aspx
More information which might help people.