Vellore - Modify or Correct Revenue Records
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Modify or Correct Revenue Records in Vellore.
- Applicant has to visit their respective Taluk Office or the VAO – Village Administration Officer of the property location in-person.
- Link for contact: link for district in the given page please select the name of the district to reach respective district page. Here select the hyperlink for respective portal. In the district portal please select “DIRECTORY >Contact Directory” or “ABOUT DISTRICT>ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP> Revenue Administration” option for contact details.
- Application form can be obtained from the office while applicant visits. OR Applicant shall write an application on an A4 paper. Please affix the advised stamp on the paper as per requirement.
- Applicant has to submit a requisition along with the required document to the authorities.
- On the receipt of the application the concerned official shall check the application and if the application meets requirement the official concerned shall register the application in the register concerned and put up the same before the respective authority for internal processing. (Please pay as authorities quote if required)
- Applicant will get a transaction number for the application made. Use this number for future reference.
- After internal processing and verification, respective authority will do the changes. If required, consultation of collector will be sought in case of any discrepancy.
- Once the required changes are made. Applicant, on notification come in-person to the office where he/she applied for signing in registries.
- On the said date applicant has to appear and do as per advice from authorities to complete the procedure.
- Details about the land required as follows:
- Survey number
- Ration Card
- Proof of Identify – Voter ID
- Proof of Address – Aadhaar Card
- Proof of ownership of property
- Land Tax
- Encumbrance certificate
- Recent copy of Form F and Map.
- In case of change in name, affidavit executed before a magistrate stating his actual name (name intended to be incorporated in records and the name appearing in records).
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : email@example.com
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information: Corporations in Tamil Nadu AND
- Land owners are eligible
- Applicant has to pay as authorities quote.
- Any stamp charge as required.
- Usually valid for five years.
- Based on sale, the new owner can avail the facility.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 15 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide other instructions related to this process.
Following are the required information to apply for the correction of revenue records
- Owner details.
- Contact details.
- Address details.
- Land details.
Need for the Document
- Revenue record is such a register in which the detail of village land owners and cultivators and land revenues is given. Usually this book is prepared, fresh, after every five years.
- Whatever changes occur in the rights of land owners due to sale, mortgage, ancestral income, the Thaasildhaar (respective authority) makes the entry in the mutation accordingly.
- After five(or scheduled) years, when a revenue record is prepared again, then the entry of the changes is made in the new revenue record at appropriate place by the Thaasildhaar(respective authority) who is further responsible for preparing the same after every 5(respective) years.
- It is possible to modify or correct information on your revenue records by going to the Office of the Deputy Commissioner (respective authority) in your area and submit all the required documents.
Information which might help
- The entry and deletion of a name in revenue record takes place when transfers of rights through sale, mortgage, mortgage without possession, lease or ancestral mutations occurs. It can also be through any court order and can be deleted accordingly.
- Sub registrar will send the document to Thaasildhaar office of that area to update records.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.