Vellore - Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Change Owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) in Vellore.
- The Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy meter) name change is required by the new owner of a property. One has to apply at the respective electricity board office for their respective area.
- “Tamil Nadu Electricity Board” (TNEB) is the electricity regulation board operating within the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Go to the local Electricity office personally to apply for Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer.
- Link for contact details of respective office: online link
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or use the following link to obtain online: application form link
- Once the application is filled, then submit it along with required document to the concerned authorities at the respective office.
- Authorities will verify the submitted documents, If all the documents are in place then authorities will advise the customer to pay the fee for this procedure.
- Once the payment is made, a receipt will be issued to the applicant.
- This application will be subjected for internal processing and a technician will visit the premises as per the address mentioned in the application.
- Once the result of technician visit is also satisfactory, the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer will be processed to reflect the applicants name in the records.
- Consumer No.
- Copy and original of the payment receipt of last electricity bill
- Attested copy of the sale deed of the premises to prove ownership
- Copy of last tax receipt for the premises
- Copy of card issued by electricity board (as applicable)
- An indemnity bond on stamp paper (Value as advised by authorities and can be easily sourced from any notary office)
- NOC from the individual in whose name the meter is currently in
- Attested copies of address and ID proof
- Aadhaar card
- Note : In addition to the above mentioned documents, applicant should produce any additional document as per authorities advise
Office Locations & Contacts
TANGEDCO - Administration
10 th floor, NPKRR Maaligai,
144,Anna Salai, Chennai - 600 002
Tamil Nadu, India
Phone: +91 044-28521118
Online customer care: +91 044-28525713
Customer care: 15533
e-mail: [email protected]
Contacts link : contact information link
- Applicant should be the owner of the premises for which the Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required from its past owner.
- Electricity services under disconnection are not eligible.
- Each state has different fees structure. So, it is advisable to pay as per authorities quote
- Please follow the mode of payment as applicable for the respective board
- This Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is valid till…
- Sale of the premises
- Transfer of ownership
- Transfer to legal heir in case of death of property owner
- Transfer for other reasons
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum 7 working days
Tamil Nadu - Change owner name in Electricity (EB) Meter (Energy Meter)
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- The Electricity (EB) Meter name transfer is required by the new owner of the premises
- In most of the government related procedures, Electricity bill is considered as one of the important document for address proof. So, one has to apply for this transfer as and when the premises is owned
- After applying for name transfer, applicant shall check the status of name change to reassure that the name has been changed in records after the notified date. If not updated, please contact the authorities to whom the application was submitted
- Electricity should be consumed with responsibility. Because not only the cost counts but also this resource needs proper care to make available for our future generations
Information which might help
- Make sure to collect the receipt for your payments with the department
- Always use certified products for electrical wiring
- One should not use domestic supply for commercial purpose and there will be a heavy fine and even action against consumer is inevitable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.