Vellore - Apply for State Disability Pension
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for State Disability Pension in Vellore.
Under this scheme, financial assistance is provided to severe and multi-disabled persons who are living below poverty line.
- Eligible applicant shall contact the DISTRICT DIFFERENTLY ABLED WELFARE OFFICE for their area. Consult with the authorities for updated process for applying.
- In general eligible person has to submit two copies of duly filled application form along with required documents to the concerned Thasildhar Office.
- Link for contact details :Panchayat please use the links provided against respective state for contact details AND Rural development please select the “contacts” menu to get drop down list. Here select the appropriate section to get page to get the details as required. AND link AND link2
- Obtain the application form from the respective office OR write on a plain paper Or download using the following link: Form Link
- After scrutiny, the application is forwarded to the concerned authority for approval.
- Following the approval, pension will be remitted monthly through cash on the15th of every month irrespective of it being a holiday at the concerned G.P. Headquarters or BDO office in the rural areas and at the Municipality / N.A.C. office in urban area or credited directly into bank account as per state norms.
- In case of rejection of application, the applicant is duly informed.
Note: In case of any doubts on the scheme and applying procedure please contact the “Social Welfare Department & Commissioner Disabilities” as per the contact information provided in our office location and contact section.
- Please contact district welfare officers (DWOs) or The Disabled and Senior Citizens Welfare department officers will provide details of any updated requirements.
- Application form. Form Link
- Disability card
- Signature/Thumb impression of the patient countersigned by the Medial Superintendent/CMO/Head of Hospital (with seal)
- Proof of Age
- Recent attested photograph showing the disability affixed here.
- Domicile certificate as per requirement
- Three passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Aadhaar card.
- Bank account details
- Mobile number.
- Passport size photograph of applicant (please take 5 copies).
- Any other document to claim benefits offered by respective state government as advised by authorities.
- Note : Please show above mentioned documents in original and attested copies thereof (to be submitted) at the time of applying.
Office Locations & Contacts
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Ph : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail : [email protected]
Fax : 25383962.
Link for contact information: Contacts link and link
- The minimum disability should be 51%.
Service is free.
Permanent (issued for life time)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Name of Pensioner : ____________________________________________
Father’s/Mother’s Name Or :___________________________________________
Gender (Male/Female) : ______________
Date of Birth _________/_________/___________
(Proof of Birth)________________________________________________
Address : __________________________________________________________
Sub District/Block :__________________________________________
State :______________________PIN ________________
Aadhar no.: _____________________________ Ration Card no.:______________
Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC) no.__________________________________ Photo BPL Detail: Year:__________ Location:________________ Family ID no.:____________
Member ID no.:____________
In case of Disability Pension- Type of Disability____________________________________ (As indicated in certificate)
Details of Bank/ Post Office Account of Pensioner: _________________________________ (if available)
- Signature of the Applicant/Thumb Impression
- Counter Signature
- of Verification Officer _______________________
As notified by the department authority.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please get attestation from the CMO/Medical superindent
- Disability certificate
- Name(as per certificate)
- Fathers name(as per certificate)
- Mobile number
- Address(as per Family card)
- Income related document as applicable.
Need for the Document
- Disabled (with acceptable percentage) applicant shall apply to avail this pension.
- Persons with Disabilities are provided with financial aid from the state government.
- Disability certificate should be obtained from the respective hospital as applicable
Information which might help
- This pension will be issued for life time.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.