Vellore - Apply for Family Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
This procedure explains various ways to Apply for Family Identity Card in Vellore.
- Applicant may approach the “Assistant Commissioner of Civil Supplies” in Chennai and In districts other than Chennai, “Taluk Supply Officers of the Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department or Assistant Rationing Officers” concerned Or their nearest ration shop in their area to apply for ration card.
- Link to contact: contact
- Applicant shall fill the application form obtained from the respective office or they can download from the following link:English form and Tamil form Or they can get the form from the CSC centres. Link for CSC: e-Service or CSC Centers
- Make sure that you have required documents to process your request.
- Please confirm that you are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must submit the respective form and obtain the acknowledgement for future reference.
- The accepted application is sent for verification on ground level by authorities.
- The concerned official visits the house of the applicant for verification and approves the ration card, if the applicant is found eligible.
- On the advice of the respective authorities, ration card will be printed. Once it is ready, authorities will inform the applicant through post card to collect the card.
- Applicant shall go to the office submit the acknowledgement to get the ration card.
- To apply online, please visit the following link: Apply On-line
- Please select “Apply for Electronic Card” option provided under “ELECTRONIC CARD SERVICES” of the given page to reach the next page.
- This page is for entering the online application - fill in the prompted details appropriately and upload the required documents and submit the application by using the respective tab.
- After submitting the application you will be provided with a reference number that you can use for tracking the application.
- This application submitted online will be subjected for verification by the authorities. After successful verification, authorities will order for card printing.
- Once the card is ready, applicant will be notified to collect the card by producing the reference number.
- Respective application form
- Link for form: English form and Tamil form Or they can get the form from the CSC centres. Link for CSC: e-Service or CSC Centers
- A copy of original residential proof.
- A copy of age certificate / school leaving certificate of the head of the family.
- A copy of income proof of the family - that income of the family is below from the prescribed limit.
- A copy of identity proof like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhar card.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Mobile number or Email addresses may be filled up in the format to enable this department to send an automated message to the applicant on the status of the application.
- A self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Tenancy agreement if the applicant is a tenant.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissioner of Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department,:
Ezhilagam IVth Floor Chepauk,
Phone: 044 28592255
email: [email protected]
Link for contact information: list of Contacts and contact
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- If you are newly married and have your name in your family ration card, you and your spouse should get name deletion certificates (Removing names from your respective family cards).
Government of Tamil Nadu have prescribed Rs 5 as the fee for a new ration card. This amount has to be paid to the AC or TSO office concerned
Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
60 working days.
Apply for Smart Ration Card - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through Ration Shops - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through e-Service Centers or Common Service Centers (CSC) - In English
Apply for Smart Ration Card through Online or Mobile - In English
???????? ?????? (???????? ????? ?????) - ?????
????? ?????? ????? ???????? ?????? (???????? ????? ?????) - ?????
???????? ????? ?????? ????????? ?????? ?????? ????? ???????? ????? ?????- ?????
??????? ????? ????? ???? ???? - ?????
,br> Tamil Nadu - Apply for Smart Ration Card (Family Identity Card)
தமிழ்நாடு - ஸ்மார்ட் ரேஷன் கார்டு (குடும்ப அடையாள அட்டை)
Ration Cards are issued through Public Distribution System in Tamilnadu for those who would like to purchase commodities in Ration shops. There are three types of cards issued based on their choice. The details of all the three types of ration cards and the commodities that can be issued for each card type is described in detail below.
Types of Ration cards in Tamilnadu
- All Commodity Cards - Green Colour - Rice and other commodities.
- Sugar Cards - White Colour - Sugar and other commodities, no rice.
- No Commodity Cards - White Colour - No commodity.
Applicants are requested NOT to get in touch with the AC or TSO offices (unless filing additional documents) earlier than 30 days, to avoid unnecessary workload on the offices of this department. This will enable us to serve you better.
As soon as the application is filed, the applicant must collect the acknowledgement slip with the office seal, date of application, serial number and date of final disposal.
Government of Vellore has fixed the time limit for passing orders on applications for new ration as 60 days from the date of application.
Once, the application is found eligible for issue of a new family card, the card is sent for printing. As soon as the printed card arrives in the office, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant requesting him/her to collect the ration card in person with the acknowledgement slip within 15 days.
In case the application is rejected, the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer has to send a post card to the applicant indicating the reasons for rejection within 60 days of the application date.
If a Mobile Number or Email address has been specified in the application format, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection department will send an automated message (to be activated by end 2008) to the applicant on the status of the application as soon as the application is decided upon.
If there is Delay Beyond 60 Days from the Application Date, then : Applicants may contact the Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer concerned and find out the reasons for the delay.
Officers and staff of the department are liable for action if they wantonly delay applications.
Applicants may speak to Deputy Commissioner, North or Deputy Commissioner, South if within the city of Chennai and its belt area.
Applicants may speak to the District Supply and Consumer Protection Officers of the district concerned.
Telephone Numbers and Address : http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/contact.htm
If the AC or DC offices do not respond, applicants may also, if needed, also report the same by email or telephone to the Commissioner, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection.
Sent Mail to : [email protected]
If application is rejected : Deputy Commissioner of Civil Supplies , Chennai City, North and South , Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department , Chennai 5 in respect of Chennai city and the belt areas around.
In respect of other areas the District Revenue Officer of the district.
- Applicants can contact Assistant Commissioner or Taluk Supply Officer in case of delay or rejection of application forms.
- Applicants can also speak to the Deputy Commissioner, North or Deputy Commissioner, South if residing in chennai or speak to District Supply and Consumer Protection Officers if residing in other districts.
- Taluk Supply Officers in other Districts
- Applicant's Name
- Father's / Husband's Name
- Fathers/Husbands Name
- Annual Family Income
- Full Address
- Telephone / mobile / email
- Complete details of family members
- Date of birth
- Monthly Income
- Election Card Photo identity number
- Details of gas connection
Need for the Document
For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Family Identity Cards (Ration Cards) are being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card.
Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
Ration card is a mandatory document for all individuals in India. This card can be used as a family identity card and at ration shops where food products can be purchased at lesser rates, which is a great economic help. This is also a very well accepted address and ID proof. This is an important document in case you need to apply for other government documents like passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
There is a color demarcation in the ration cards as well and in case the economical standard of the family is below the poverty line, then the government will give them blue colored ration cards, where they can get additional provisions at ration shops. The government also offers temporary ration cards valid for shorter periods of time which will help provide relief under special circumstances.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people in Vellore can be listed here.