South Africa - To Apply for a grant in terms of the Land Redistribution for Agricultural Development (LRAD) programme
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a grant in terms of the Land Redistribution for Agricultural Development Programme in person, the applicant has to visit the office of Rural Development and Land Reform Department.
- The contact and address details of the office can be found in this link: Link
- Visit the office of Rural Development and Land Reform Department and obtain the application form to apply for a grant in terms of the Land Redistribution for Agricultural Development Programme, from the respective department.
- Complete the application with required and relevant information. Make sure that you have all the documents listed in the “Required documents” section of this page.
- Now, submit the application with all the required documents to the concerned official in the Department office.
- Once the officer has assessed the feasibility of the proposal and provided an opinion, the complete package will be then submitted to the Provincial Grants Committee.
- Upon review of proposal, recommendations for grant approval are made to the Provincial DLA Director who decides whether to approve the grant release or not.
- Completed application form
- Certified Identity document or a copy of it
- Proposal of the project
- Farm plan
- Site map
- Site clearance
- Any supporting documentation
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of Rural Development and Land Reform,
184, Cnr Jeff Masemola and Paul Kruger Streets,
Phone: 0800 007 095, 012 312 8911, 021 461 0815
Email: [email protected]
Website: Link, Link
- The person applying should be a black South African citizen as defined in the constitution should be at least 18 years older.
- The person applying should be eligible of making his/her own contribution (in a considerable quantity) in terms of cash, labour or some of the same kind.
- He/she must be aware and in agreement to be a participant in a training programme after the receipt of grant.
Please approach the officials at the office for fees details.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
General guidelines: Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Being eligible in no way ensures awarding of the grant. Rather, eligibility determines whether an application will be considered. The award of the grant will depend upon the approval of a grant application, including a business plan where required by the Department.
- The objective of the Settlement/Land Acquisition Grant is to improve land tenure security and to extend property ownership and/or access to land to the historically disadvantaged and the poor.
- Particulars of the applicant
- Land details
- Banking details
- Dimensions of the land
Need for the Document
Land reform or land redistribution is necessary for equally distributing the land ownership among the vast majority of farmers by providing lands to small scale farmers thereby improving their occupation and enabling the agricultural development of the Republic.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.